I'm looking for new metal and I just got thinking, if we were symbolizing death it would typically be the Grim Reaper. Now when I see it it's men being fused with machines. I don't know why this symbolism has radically changed but I think it would make for an interesting discussion. Immortal life? The absence of solace in death? Insecurities in humanity?

EDIT; since it's confusing, it's about the symbolism between the two

Lets hear it
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Last edited by bastards at Jan 30, 2012,
If you want to have a discussion a clearer OP would be great.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
no doubt technology will play a larger part in our lives as things progress. But it'll be awhile before technolgoy let's us cheat death
Perhaps I should have thought about it more to myself than rather than post it off the fly. I see it on dirty electronic albums, men being fused with machines in order to to achieve "immortal life", at least that's how I see it.

New World death; http://youtu.be/Eo0HuuNZZ6s
Old world death; http://youtu.be/qsDvqnVV-sc

Don't have to listen, but the covers are what I'm talking about
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
I always assumed death was associated with white people taking away other's rights.
you're a stone fox
It shows the evolution of mankind’s addiction for progression, which in actuality transcends the concept of death to one where the addiction is the true representation of death, and is shown as such. You probably wouldn't understand such a concept anyway, as metal is inherently difficult for the unintelligent to grasp.
Quote by MapOfYourHead
It shows the evolution of mankind’s addiction for progression, which in actuality transcends the concept of death to one where the addiction is the true representation of death, and is shown as such. You probably wouldn't understand such a concept anyway, as metal is inherently difficult for the unintelligent to grasp.

Insightful but your elitism isn't really needed here which actually kind of detracts from the integrity of your post.

I'll just have it closed if this shit continues

I'm making a comparison between the two ultimatums. The old world death that kind of incites that the world around us is beautiful, and the new world death in which the machine is a simulated reality for immortality. Two very contrasting specimins
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Last edited by bastards at Jan 30, 2012,
A lot of the metal I see nowadays has all these nihilistic themes rather than outright death.

Maybe I'm just listening to too much Anaal Nathrakh.