In my opinion you should not say that. Let the guy put his bad band on the comp, it won't reflect badly on you, especially if 4 of the bands are good. And you want to stay on good terms with this guy.
Let someone else tell him how much 'that one band on the comp' sucks, and it'll happen. Just don't let your band be the bearer of bad news.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
All I would have to say is that you should just let him release the comp. Advertising is advertising. No one is going to judge your band based on how his band sounds. If they're doing that, then they shouldn't be in the music business to begin with. Look at it this way: its like hanging around your ugly friends so that you look better.

Edit: Also he's the owner of your label and is responsible for marketing you.

Rule number one: don't piss your boss off
Let's look at your problem.

Problem: Your song/s will be featured on a compilation album, and on this there are song/s of poor quality, which aren't yours.

I'm failing to see how this is a problem for YOUR band.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Especially if he's doing digitial distribution, most people aren't going to buy the compilation anyway - they'll cherry pick individual songs.

If I bought a compilation and 4 out of five songs on it were good, I'd be thrilled and think I got my money's worth.
Quote by HotspurJr
Especially if he's doing digitial distribution, most people aren't going to buy the compilation anyway - they'll cherry pick individual songs.

If I bought a compilation and 4 out of five songs on it were good, I'd be thrilled and think I got my money's worth.

If I bought any CD and liked 80% of the songs it would be a good day indeed.

But considering it's an independent compilation CD I'd be buying it because I was either:

(a) A fan of one of the bands.

(b) Trying to support the local music scene.

Neither of which affects TS's position.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
If his band is that bad then wouldn't just make your band look better? Since they went out and bought the CD then they'd listen to your bands tracks more since 1/5 of the other songs 'suck' meaning more publicity for your band in theory. I really see no negatives to putting your band on this CD.
Hey there.
He's the owner of the label and the one putting the compilation album together, I don't see how him wanting his own band on his own compilation album from bands signed to his own label is unprofessional.

If his band isn't good, it will make your band look and sound better. Just go with it and let him put it on there. There's no downside for you, since you've (presumably) got a better sounding band.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
Quote by Tyler.Allain
Suppose you guys are right. It won't reflect on my band, it just makes me question this guys judgement. Guess I'll let it go. Thanks

Very few people have good judgement about their own creative work. It's 1000x harder to evaluate music that you've made than it is to evaluate music that someone else has made.

(More people on this board need to remember this, quite frankly.)