Budget: $300-$550
I'm willing to buy used as well.

Genre: Funk/Rock/Blues/Garage/Punk
I'm gonna say that good cleans are a must.

I'm gonna be using this amp for everything. Jamming, gigging, hopefully recording, this is going to be an upgrade from a small 15W practice amp.

I live in College Station, TX so I am not too far away from Houston or Austin.

Current Gear? MIM Fender Stratocaster, Boss ME-70.

Alright here's to make some things clear: Good cleans are probably what I'm looking for the most out of anything. I generally come up with my guitar tones by messing with the preamp in my Boss ME-70, and then plugging it into my tiny 15W Vox pathfinder. My problem right now is that turning it up to any reasonable volume just gives me the most trebley biting crunchy tone ever. I want to be able to make a tone in my pedal and just plug it into the amp and hear that same tone at higher volumes. I'm looking for something that can give me a smooth/clean/slightly crunchy single coil neck pickup sound (think Can't Stop guitar sound) and a more crunchy bridge pickup strat sound as well.
Tube amp

I'd say fender blues deluxe jr--find it used on cl or ebay and it'll be in your price range
Modulus G1T, G2T, G3, G3CT, Graphite
4 Fender MIA Strats
3 custom Warmoth Guitars
Asher Lap Steel
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50 w/ 1960a cab
Taylor 314CE
Breedlove AC250/SM12
Gold Tone Weissenborn
Adrenalinn III & FCB1010
ALOT of pedals
fender bassman

if you can find one for your price.

definitely look for a fender.-
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by Obama FTW
Heres some more ideas for ya.

http://collegestation.craigslist.org/msg/2820042904.html

http://collegestation.craigslist.org/msg/2809504100.html

It wouldnt be a bad idea to try a Peavey Classic 30.

Classic 30 is a great amp if you can find one on the cheap with a working reverb tank.