I was just wondering which would be the better 7 string a SCHECTER OMEN 7 7 STRING or a Dean Vendetta VNXM 7-String? I have never really messed around with 7 string guitars so I'm not sure which one would be the better deal at the same price.
"Its okay if you only know three chords but God, put 'em in the right order" Hank Hill
Schecter>Dean in any situation, any day of the week.

Dean's quality is terrible man.

But I would still try before I buy............
Quote by T7E
Schecter>Dean in any situation, any day of the week.

Dean's quality is terrible man.

But I would still try before I buy............

agreed, dean makes some pretty crappy stuff these days. i can tell you that either is going to be a muddy mess and need new pickups.
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
Thats what I thought. They are both pretty cheap but after paying for a car its all the money I have left. I have read that they would both need new pick ups and later on I would like to get some. Any suggestions for good pick ups for music like Amon Amarth and things such as that?
"Its okay if you only know three chords but God, put 'em in the right order" Hank Hill
Get the John Petrucci 7 string signature!!! :P
Only cos thats for sure the next guitar I'm getting....only once I get enough money
Quote by Trowzaa
Why do you and your mates all drive old vehicles?
Please say you've got mates with old ambulances and fire engines too. That'd be brilliant.
Last edited by troyofyort at Jan 30, 2012,
Pay about the same price, get an Ibanez 7321 (or a used 7421/7621 if you can find one for cheap) and throw a DiMarzio Crunchlab/Liquifire set in it. You won't regret it, man.

I just sold my Agile 7-string and did this myself, and honestly I don't regret it at all. Super comfortable guitar, and the DiMarzios sound great.
Gear:
Agile Septor Pro 727 EB Nat Ash
ESP/LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Line 6 Spider Valve HD100 Head
Vox 4x12 Cabinet
Alright I found a used Ibanez 7321 for $299. Is that worth it? Its $100 more than the other two previously mentioned guitars
what pickups you should get depends on what guitar they're going into and what amp you're using. i wouldn't recommend emgs though. my 7 string has them and they leave a lot to be desired. only reason i got them is cuz they were already installed and i bought the guitar for 50 bucks lol
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
Quote by DkAAmetalhead
Alright I found a used Ibanez 7321 for $299. Is that worth it? Its $100 more than the other two previously mentioned guitars

i've played a 7321 and its actually not half bad. the neck is a hell of a lot more comfortable than my schecter's. the pickups are still a bit lacking though. my biggest complaint is after playing an ibanez prestige 7 string for a while all other 7s seem so shitty in comparison lol
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
try out the guitars before you buy them if at all possible. in the low-budget models, there are really awful sounding/playing guitars and really great ones. it's all luck-of-the-draw because QC isn't nearly as consistent on a $300 guitar as a $1000+ one.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
I have only played one 7 string. It was some Schecter so I really dont know much about it and thats why I come here. My budget is pretty tight right now but I may be able to talk my girlfriend into letting me get the ibanez. Thanks eveyone!
I would totally recommend a Schecter Damien 7. It's only $450 and it has passive EMGs!