Poll Options
View poll results: Which
Far Beyond The Sun
22 42%
Canon Rock
31 58%
Voters: 53.
Page 1 of 2
I realize niether of them are great songs but im playing for a high school and want them to enjoy it while sitll being technical, and these two are my most requested, so which do you think would be better
me playing malmsteem

Quote by Kivarenn82
just tell him "no chick is gonna lay you if you serenade her with a playstation controller"
Canon Rock is fucking awesome.
Back off.
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Quote by skylerjames13
Canon Rock is fucking awesome.
Back off.

I wasn't meaning to hate, its a neat tune, otehrwise i wouldn't play it, but its rather overdone and is somewhat overrated, it doesn't suck though
me playing malmsteem

Quote by Kivarenn82
just tell him "no chick is gonna lay you if you serenade her with a playstation controller"
Quote by vidieowiz4
I wasn't meaning to hate, its a neat tune, otehrwise i wouldn't play it, but its rather overdone and is somewhat overrated, it doesn't suck though

I was just kidding don't worry

It is overdone though.
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
You're probably not good enough to pull off either.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Canon Rock has more "soul".

Quote by RU Experienced?
canon rock is a disgrace to Pachelbel.

But I agree with this.
Quote by Skullivan
Gray Pianos Flying

fixed
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Malmsteem sucks, canon rock is a disgrace to Pachelbel.

Kill yourself.

I acknowleged that niether were great songs, these are simply my most requested
me playing malmsteem

Quote by Kivarenn82
Quote by RU Experienced?

Kill yourself.

I love how jolly this place is at times
Quote by theogonia777
fixed

I disgrace the name of the all mighty Lane. But yeah, learn Gray Pianos Flying, and everyone will be like, " Was that Jazz Fusion? That sounded cool. I'm gonna stop listening to terrible music and bask in the virtuosity that is Shawn Lane."
True story bro.
Quote by vidieowiz4
I acknowleged that niether were great songs, these are simply my most requested

That's kind of weak, playing a song that's popular rather than one you like? And who exactly requests Far Beyond The Sun anyway? Whoever it is is probably a guitarist themselves or something, and therefore won't appreciate it if you do a lousy job.
Mahler's 5th

by yourself

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Mahler's 5th

by yourself

Xiaoxi, I always labled you a classical guy ( I hope thats's a good assumption) but your sig denies the importance of modes and scales. Now how does one compose classical music without usage of scales and modes? This has intrigued me for quite some time now.
Quote by Skullivan
Now how does one compose classical music without usage of scales and modes? This has intrigued me for quite some time now.

We precisely do not think in terms of scales or modes, unless the music calls for them to be used in a symbolic or structurally important way.

If you check out the fugue below that statement (I know, shameless plug), it will be evident that it is hard to place a label of a particular scale or mode at any given point in the music.

Rather, we treat tones (all 12 chromatic possibilities) in context of the music. Any tone can occur, depending on the time and place needed. You are thinking in terms of vertical harmony, which is why rock and similar genres rely on a static and cyclic progression. But classical music mostly relies on horizontal melodic movement, which is how it is able to flow without ever needing to loop through a chord progression or use a confined scale to fit in that cycle.

But even outside the context of classical music, letting go of the concerns of scales and modes will open up your musicianship no matter the genre.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Jan 31, 2012,
Quote by RU Experienced?

Kill yourself.

This, he knows because He is experienced.
On another note, learn cello and play it the way Pachelbel meant it to be played. On a proper instrument!
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Quote by Axelfox
Heros of our time by Dragonforce.

No, I tried to learn the solo to Heart of a Dragon and gave up after 2 hours. 32nd notes at anything above 100 bpm is just f* cking ridiculous, I love the songs. But just hate the talent.
Machine Gun by Hendrix. Cooler than any sweeping shit out there.
I smoke like Rasta, got hair like pasta
I be sippin' on them shots then bustin' rhymes like Busta

Load up the bong, crank up the song, let the informa call 911
Between those two options, I say play "Far beyond the sun".
**** canon rock, every time I hear that attrocity I want to puke.
Quote by Xiaoxi
We precisely do not think in terms of scales or modes, unless the music calls for them to be used in a symbolic or structurally important way.

If you check out the fugue below that statement (I know, shameless plug), it will be evident that it is hard to place a label of a particular scale or mode at any given point in the music.

Rather, we treat tones (all 12 chromatic possibilities) in context of the music. Any tone can occur, depending on the time and place needed. You are thinking in terms of vertical harmony, which is why rock and similar genres rely on a static and cyclic progression. But classical music mostly relies on horizontal melodic movement, which is how it is able to flow without ever needing to loop through a chord progression or use a confined scale to fit in that cycle.

But even outside the context of classical music, letting go of the concerns of scales and modes will open up your musicianship no matter the genre.

In vain hope of you returning to this thread, do you usually think in terms moving from chord to chord or note to note when writing? I think the idea of letting go of scales is hugely fascinating and I aim to write stuff without always having to rely on chords solely in the diatonic system (which takes a lot of blood, sweat and tears at the moment).

Do you have a vast library of chord movements and cadences that you often tap for help for help or do you let the notes guide you? Your fugue sounds like it only wants to move forward. That could be because you're writing note for note or because you've designed your progression to do that and shift tonal center all the time (using something similar to back cycling).
Quote by Xiaoxi

Best way I've seen it explained, I totally agree. I was kind of curious, I was always wondering if you were one of the people who think like this, or if your sig was a joke.
Quote by vanhailin
Machine Gun by Hendrix. Cooler than any sweeping shit out there.

I love that song, i own the band of gypsies album.
Look up glenn proudfoot, watch all his 2 minute videos.
Then as you are about to say can this guy actually write a song
Watch his two or three songs.
Not too bad actually.
Play a song instead. Y'know, with words and melodies. No one wants to watch you cover someone else masturbating.
Dickless.
Play Dopesmoker.

Until they kick you off.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Page 1 of 2