Took most of the day to record this, I composed/programmed/recorded/mixed everything you hear. Please give any feedback it will be much appreciated. Here's some of the gear I used during this recording:

-Jackson SLSMG Direct Input w/ Digitech RP355
-For "bass" sounds I used a factory bass preset on the RP355
-Superior Drummer 2.0 The Metal Foundry
-EzMix

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/touke/music/all/play1082666
Last edited by touke at Jan 31, 2012,
Really dig the atonal Voivod-ish riffs here and I can even hear some Gorguts influence if I'm not mistakened. LOVE the bass playing. Definitely my cup of tea, with the mix of brutality and a sort of foggy mysteriousness that only a few bands I listen to has.

The only thing lacking here is some power in the mix, I feel like it could definitely use some more "impact". The guitars could be punchier, bass could be more errr "bassier", and the drums could definitely be a bit louder, particularly the snare is a bit on the weak side.

Overall I seriously enjoyed this ALOT, needs a bit of work and with a bit of polishing up it can definitely be more crushing.
Quote by v2a2n2g2
Really dig the atonal Voivod-ish riffs here and I can even hear some Gorguts influence if I'm not mistakened. LOVE the bass playing. Definitely my cup of tea, with the mix of brutality and a sort of foggy mysteriousness that only a few bands I listen to has.

The only thing lacking here is some power in the mix, I feel like it could definitely use some more "impact". The guitars could be punchier, bass could be more errr "bassier", and the drums could definitely be a bit louder, particularly the snare is a bit on the weak side.

Overall I seriously enjoyed this ALOT, needs a bit of work and with a bit of polishing up it can definitely be more crushing.

Thanks for your critique! I've never heard Voivod, I'll give them a listen. And I'm still working on my mixing, I've gotten a lot better so far
It's always a treat to listen to your music. You always come up with interesting riffs that work great with each other in a song. 2:18 is so badass by the way. Really clean playing too, that's what makes it so enjoyable, along with the sweet song writing. Overall really awesome, keep at it
Thanks for the feedback

definately loved the bass intro, reminded me of an Ensiferum song (I can't remember which one exactly, but it's a sweet song). The song has alot of really interesting twists and turns which really kept my interest and some really tight playing aswell. The actual riffs themselves are really crazy good! had me headbanging in some sections

I'd have to echo what V2 said though about the overall mix - just a bit more fine-tuning the mix will make this even better.

Very well played
The guitar tone needs some more punch and the bass needs more bass. Besides that, I like it a lot. I don't know a whole lot of death metal, so I'm at a loss for bands to compare you to, but I enjoyed the interplay between the bass and the guitars. Really nicely done.

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1515855