So I got a new schecter hellraiser c-1 fr and it buzzes all the way down the E A and D strings but on the E the worst, I went and got it set up... and the guy says this is normal for this guitar and it is not coming thru the amp and I tryed to show him that it was but he just would not listen and just said that that is the way the guitar is and that all guitars are differend, here is a sound clip through lepou le456 vst: http://www.mediafire.com/?lbtwno4hwbf64cz I am sure you guys can hear the buzzing right? Guy at guitar center said it was weird too (had the guitar setup elsewhere) I think I am just going to get a replacement, it now sounds just a little better then that.... my squire strat doesnt buzz anywhere near that bad, but he says my squire is a "$100 gem".... What you guys think I even went to another luthier and he just said that is just the way it sounds and that that is normal, but also be warned I live in hillbilly land. Should I just get a replacement, the action is at 5/64th I do not think I should need to raise it higher (I think it should be at 4/64th right?)

(audio on mp3 starts at halfway due to my 1337 recording skillz)
Last edited by Ericthegreat at Jan 31, 2012,
Adjust the truss rod (loosen it) and get the nut height checked on those strings

Tl;dr - that guy doesn't know jack about setting up a guitar, find someone else
Modulus G1T, G2T, G3, G3CT, Graphite
4 Fender MIA Strats
3 custom Warmoth Guitars
Asher Lap Steel
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50 w/ 1960a cab
Taylor 314CE
Breedlove AC250/SM12
Gold Tone Weissenborn
Adrenalinn III & FCB1010
ALOT of pedals
Always a possibility--it might need a shim to raise it
The issue in probably in the truss rod though..or the neck itself being warped.

A few suggestions:
a. get it setup by someone else who knows what they're doing
b. try heavier strings (will eliminate some buzz)
c. since its new and a decent guitar, see if you can just exchange it

I would say c if you can, with gc it should be a no issue

And keep in mind that string action height at the saddles will not necessarily prevent buzz. Easy way to look at it--if the issue is at the top of the neck, its the nut or truss rod, and bottom of the neck is your saddles. And 5/64ths is average but its your choice. Mine are at 8/64...love the fight from a higher action and heavy strings
Modulus G1T, G2T, G3, G3CT, Graphite
4 Fender MIA Strats
3 custom Warmoth Guitars
Asher Lap Steel
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50 w/ 1960a cab
Taylor 314CE
Breedlove AC250/SM12
Gold Tone Weissenborn
Adrenalinn III & FCB1010
ALOT of pedals
Ah so first fret buzz means something is wrong up top? I guess that makes sense I guees I will go ahead and get a replacement. (musians friend btw not gc they gave me $400 off due to issues I had with a defect guitar and the replacement which was discontinued
Adjust the bridge, loosen it or tighten it.
This sometimes mean that you have to reattatch your strings, but it should fix your problem.
If not, you can adjust that other thing close to the bridge, wich I can't remember the name off right now....
Ether way should be fine.
Glufius