My dad first played it to me when I was about 5... I then had nightmares about it that night

But yeah, it's one hell of an album.. (:

Oh, and Richard Burton's voice is sexy as... (:
Last edited by *powerslave* at Jan 31, 2012,
I still get scared whenever I hear it.
That's the kinda impact it had on me as a kid.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
One of my favourite albums ever. Is one of the few CD's that never leaves my car!

I've got tickets to see it live in December too! Although that will be the new version, with Burton replaced by Liam Neeson (who I think is an excellent choice).

And yes, I was also scared by it as a child!
The album is very good, wasn`t too keen on the stage version DVD - original voices were much better. Was the first music I remember hearing.
Quote by Troop of Doom
The album is very good, wasn`t too keen on the stage version DVD - original voices were much better. Was the first music I remember hearing.

Russel Watson was an odd choice for the parson, but then again it's not easy to live up to Phil Lynott's performance. I thought everyone else did a good job.
Quote by Sampy
One of my favourite albums ever. Is one of the few CD's that never leaves my car!

I've got tickets to see it live in December too! Although that will be the new version, with Burton replaced by Liam Neeson (who I think is an excellent choice).

And yes, I was also scared by it as a child!

Sounds awsome man. And yeah, after hearing this as a kid and seeing the advert for war of the worlds with tom cruise, I was real excited. I got to the cinema and was so pissed that they didn't have Burton doing the intro lines. Even as a kid i could tell that film was shite.
I love it to bits.....favourite musical ever
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Yes! I love this. My parents used to play this in car while driving me to school when I was little, good memories.
Up The Boro!
I got it for my dad when i was 10. I still use it as inspiration for some of my music.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
My wife has the original gatefold vinyl version. Good stuff.
Gibson SG Special 60s Tribute
Boss TU-3, NS-2, CS-3, OD-3, CE-5
Ibanez DL10
Fender Blues Junior III
Delta Blue 5 string resonator banjo
Aria Pro II Passive P-J Bass
Aria Pro II Active Music Man Bass
Laney BC-120 Bass Combo
Quote by EMarkM
My wife has the original gatefold vinyl version. Good stuff.

Nice man. Getting a copy (not sure what year) soon.

I was just listening to this!
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Here's a tip for any guitarists

Whenever I need to come up with ideas for a solo or just to practice my soloing and improv I just stick on this and play over the top of it, it works incredibly well!
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

- Berthold Auerbach

Quote by jbridge90
Wow, being surrounded by all of these humourless, pussy-whipped virgins is starting to make me sick.

Check out my band!
My dad introduced me to this. Such an amazing album. Went to see it live a couple of years back. Really want to see the Liam Neeson one too, I'm just waiting to find out who else is in it.
Quote by Brownerz

Whenever I need to come up with ideas for a solo or just to practice my soloing and improv I just stick on this and play over the top of it, it works incredibly well!

I thought I was the only one!

Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
I have listened to this so many times I do in fact know all the dialogue as well as the lyrics. When I'm driving my sister places I put the album on and say every line
She gets so annoyed!
Quote by Brownerz

I wouldn't call myself a great guitarist or lyrics writer, but I have a few songs/poems. One of which is called "Horsell common and the heat ray". It a kinda long poem and I've got some guitar (mashed with loads of effects) Kinda doing 'sound effects' in the back. Damn, so proud of that.

not gonna post it though...don't bother asking
Yeah we did a university production of this, i really like the music, despite being incredibly over the top, and by the end of it, i hated the songs because i heard them about 100 times. It is really good though.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.