When I started playing guitar, I was really bad at strumming when holding the pick between my index finger and thumb. My strum hand became rigid easily, and couldn't flow well. So somewhere along the line, I got the idea of holding my pick between the middle finger and thumb.
But lately I have read a little about hybrid picking, and it said that you'd mostly use your middle and ring finger. I also read that tapping with the middle finger is the easiest to do.
Am I now unable to those things with my current strum form (holding pick between middle finger and thumb), or are there ways for me to still master hybrid picking and tapping?
look at EVH then come back he held his pick the same way for tapping, as for hybrid picking you may have to palm the pick and fingerpick it
Hey... Hey guys.... Watch This!
Am I now unable to those things with my current strum form (holding pick between middle finger and thumb), or are there ways for me to still master hybrid picking and tapping?

Pretty much yeah - you can start tapping with your index but tbh it's better to go back to a normal style of holding the pick. Detailed explanation here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT23yafjAN4