Anyone here have an Austin bass?

I need a cheap(but fairly good sounding) bass guitar for my home studio(I'll be using it straight into my Rme Babyface to my DAW)

I played an Austin AJB300 today at a local store, and thought it was pretty good(I know nothing about bass guitars though).

http://www.theperfectbass.com/explore.cfm?STORE=Y&N=152&SN=386&CT=101a&PG=104008101&W=STORE&P=N&S=1001081&U=1&SS=1&CR=Y

What do you guys think? Should I try to spend a little more cash or is this a good bass? Maybe I could just get better pickups further down the road?
Esp Eclipse II
Fender Strat LoneStar
Martin D35 Custom Shop
Vox Night Train
Vox Heritage cab 1x12
I've actually never picked up one of their basses, but my local shop sells their LP, Strat, and SG copies. I have to say, they're very affordable and they seem the get the job done. I almost bought the LP for the heck of it. It was so close to an Epi LP Standard. I was impressed. Judging from the photo, this Austin looks legit. They're well made.

My advice: If you're looking to pick up a bass to mess around and learn on...give this one a shot. Though, I've never actually OWNED an Austin product, I did play three different ones for several minutes, each, and I was impressed with the quality.

I say go for it, man. You'll be recording with it. So, I don't see why you'd need anything super high-end, to be honest. If you liked what you saw, heard, and felt when you played it...that's a good enough reason to take it home, right?
Thanks for the reply.

Yeah I'll probably end up going again tomorrow and taking it. It had no sharp frets, no string buzz anywhere on the neck and just played really nice. The only thing I have my doubts about are the pickups and the hardware related to that.
Esp Eclipse II
Fender Strat LoneStar
Martin D35 Custom Shop
Vox Night Train
Vox Heritage cab 1x12
I ended up getting a Squire Affinity Jazz Bass. It's really amazing. No flaws whatsoever and the hardware just seemed a tad better than in the Austin.

I've been reading some bad stuff about the Affinity series here but I don't really get it. It's an amazing bass for this money!
Esp Eclipse II
Fender Strat LoneStar
Martin D35 Custom Shop
Vox Night Train
Vox Heritage cab 1x12