Page 1 of 5
So we're a month into the year and maybe it doesn't seem like there has been anything exciting released. This is a thread to prove that wrong.

Is it new? Is it worth listening to? Yes, you say? Tell us about it. Toss a quick link in here when you get excited by some sort of next big thing and then regret hyping it three months from now.
Paralytic Stalks by Of Montreal leaked. That's all I've seen.

Sowwy, I too wazy to find a wink.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by Joshua1207
Man that was the most disappointing thing ever after how good their S/T was.

say wha?

You have it backwards.
Cloud Nothings seemed pretty terrible from the couple previews that i heard, but i just learned that Steve Albini recorded it, so maybe i should give it a shot.

the only thing that i've been excited about so far is Oren Ambarchi - Audience of One. to me, the album seems simultaneously huge and also personal.
The Cloud Nothings album is the only new album I've heard so far, but it's really good.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
The Cloud Nothings album is the only new album I've heard so far, but it's really good.

Didn't think it was all that great, but it wasn't bad either. Also, Craig Finn's solo record dropped a few weeks ago. It's the same, it has a few songs that are great and a few that are pointless.
Quote by wizards?
Didn't think it was all that great, but it wasn't bad either. Also, Craig Finn's solo record dropped a few weeks ago. It's the same, it has a few songs that are great and a few that are pointless.

pretty much my thoughts on those albums.

The Act of Estimating as Worthless - Amongst These Splintered Minds//Leaden Thoughts Sing Softly my favorite from this year so far. cool folk album
Errors - Have Some Faith In Magic

The Twilight Sad - No One Can Ever Know

Best releases I've heard so far this year. First one is electro/prog/post-rock/rather hard to describe, second is quite post-punk/goth in the vein of Soft Cell, Cab Vol etc., but still retaining the shoegaze-y feel of their first two albums.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Last edited by eazy-c at Feb 4, 2012,
Quote by turncoat60%
pretty much my thoughts on those albums.

The Act of Estimating as Worthless - Amongst These Splintered Minds//Leaden Thoughts Sing Softly my favorite from this year so far. cool folk album

I was going to grab that earlier but it was the peak of my weird couple of weeks during which my internet was being difficult. I'll get it now.

I don't see how you could say any songs on the Cloud Nothings album were pointless. I could understand how someone might think parts of it are pointless, but that album is distinctly to-the-point.
listened to that Cloud Nothings album yesterday. pretty good when it sounds like some sort of 90s Louisville band, pretty bad when it it sounds like some sort of shitty pop-punk song from Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3.
Quote by wizards?
Wait, so I've missed out on a new Twilight Sad and a new Margot album already? I must be losing some of my cred here...

Nope, Margot comes out late March. That was just a single.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by wizards?
Wait, so I've missed out on a new Twilight Sad and a new Margot album already? I must be losing some of my cred here...

The Twilight Sad album comes out this/next week though. It's probably already leaked.
Hit harder than you dare.
Cloud Nothings sounded alright from what I've heard of it but granted I haven't heard that much
Oh yeah. I was gunna check them out more, but always forgot.

The Classics of Love album is very early 80s punk. Good about halfway through.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Page 1 of 5