Hello All

Had some good jams with friends recently and wanted a cheap home recording solution just to record bits and bob's of riff's etc...

Bought a guitar lead to audio jack and hooked the headphone's out of the amp direct into the laptop to record in Audacity

The guitar sounds great when played but there is this horrible buzzing directly from the off which can only described as the sound of pain lying in the background...

I'm a complete noob and im guessing its not as easy as just hooking it straight up from amp but was hoping somebody knows :

a: the cause of the buzzzzzzz

b: the cheapest option to elimnating the problem...

Thanks in advance

Redge
Not really going to work, you need to have some kind of interface that works with your DAW. I think you can get them for like $100
Axes
Peavey V-Type NTB ST
Peavey PXD 23 II
Jackson JS32T
Ibanez RG 1570
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Blue Royale
ESP LTD EX-50

Amps & Effects
Mesa Boogie Nomad 55
Boss Katana KTN-Head
Roland JC-120
Boss GT-100
Boss ME-80
Zoom G5
Can you post a recording of you playing and then of just letting the buzz go?
Let's party.
Quote by Odirunn
Can you post a recording of you playing and then of just letting the buzz go?

Turn the sound down mate... its horrible.
Quote by Pyrax87
Not really going to work, you need to have some kind of interface that works with your DAW. I think you can get them for like $100

Cheers for the advice but I am the noob...

What do you mean by interface?? whats a DAW ???

Could be a number of things....to much gain, line interference, blew up your input, etc.

Look up "what is a daw" and "what is an audio interface" and "what is a multi tracker" in google and you will find articles and forum posts across the Internet with tons of knowledge.

Edit: on phone so I didn't listen to link