Holidaymakers have been warned to watch their words after two friends were refused entry to the US on security grounds after a tweet.

Before his trip, Leigh Van Bryan wrote that he was going to "destroy America".

He insisted he was referring to simply having a good time - but was sent home.

Trade association Abta told the BBC that the case highlighted that holidaymakers should never do anything to raise "concern or suspicion in any way".

The US Department for Homeland Security picked up Mr Bryan's messages ahead of his holiday in Los Angeles.

The 26-year-old bar manager wrote a message to a friend on the micro-blogging service, saying: "Free this week, for quick gossip/prep before I go and destroy America."

The Irish national told the Sun newspaper that he and his friend Emily Bunting were apprehended on arrival at Los Angeles International Airport before being sent home.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-16810312

Big Brother is alwyas watching. And he has no sense of humour whatsoever!
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
ulcered sphincter of arseerica
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
I saw this on Twitter the other day. I loled hard.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
That's too funny.
Fuck the DHS. I can say that. I'm already here.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I understand the concern, I suppose, but I think they should let them go back. It was a very bad misunderstanding.
I sure would not like to DESTROY AMERICA.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by CoreysMonster
I'm gonna destroy America, too.

And I'm a US Citizen.

You're a gonner now! haha
Quote by Trowzaa
Why do you and your mates all drive old vehicles?
Please say you've got mates with old ambulances and fire engines too. That'd be brilliant.
Quote by SkepsisMetal

Can you say, insecure

Innn...insa....insaaacoo? insacoo? Innnnsaaacoorrrre. Insacoor!
Made me chuckle.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by blake1221

Well, can't blame the US. Even if he wasn't a real terrorist, he seems like a douche.
Lmao, yes, because after all these years, this guy was going to walk in and be the one that destroys America. The US is like a cat that was tortured in its infancy. Sorry for the uncomfortable simile, but it's like that. Now you go anywhere near them with even the slightest wrong look and you'll be turned away or detained so as not to cause harm to them and their "freedom".

Sigh.
GREATEST GODDAMN COUNTRY ON EARTH!!! Take that, enemies of freedom!

Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Man, they only wanted to go to America cos they thought it was the BOMB. It's all a bit ridiculous really, THEy get banned from America just for saying a common phrase meaning to have a good time. I wonder what the PRESIDENT thinks about all this?
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I texted my friend about a girl I picked up the other night and the police arrested me.

Apparently "I wrecked that chick" is a pretty threatening phrase.
why dont they just use polygraph testing...someone says "seriously i was just joking" or "i do not plan to use these nail clippers as a deadly weapon" just polygraph them and move along...do it twice if they have to. Someone wanting to destroy a country isnt going to tell them before they get on the plane.
Quote by WaltTheWerewolf
Someone wanting to destroy a country isnt going to tell them before they get on the plane.

You'd think that right? Inverse psychology brah, dem terr'ists ain't dumb
Quote by Basti95
You'd think that right? Inverse psychology brah, dem terr'ists ain't dumb

They sure aren't. They've already invaded and we don't even know it yet.

Think about it for a minute. How many brown people do you know?

Mind blown, eh?
Quote by institutions
They sure aren't. They've already invaded and we don't even know it yet.

Think about it for a minute. How many brown people do you know?

Mind blown, eh?

Stacy, get me my shotgun.
Quote by Basti95
Not again! INJUSTICE
The Pear

Bon voyage, monsieur.
Last edited by sakura'sdarkest at Jan 31, 2012,
Quote by Trowzaa
Man, they only wanted to go to America cos they thought it was the BOMB. It's all a bit ridiculous really, THEy get banned from America just for saying a common phrase meaning to have a good time. I wonder what the PRESIDENT thinks about all this?

I saw what you did there. And I liked it.

I liked it good.
Your flesh means more than you.
No profit...
For once no profit...

Quote by She
That's what.

CHECK IT OUT NOW
FUNK SOUL BROTHER
Quote by blake1221

P.S. I'm going to DESTROY AMERICA!!

But still have't decided which one.

P.P.S. Just Kidding.... *just in case....*
Last edited by VillainousLatin at Jan 31, 2012,
I love America and I want to give it all my money and make it cupcakes.
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
Quote by WaltTheWerewolf
why dont they just use polygraph testing...someone says "seriously i was just joking" or "i do not plan to use these nail clippers as a deadly weapon" just polygraph them and move along...do it twice if they have to. Someone wanting to destroy a country isnt going to tell them before they get on the plane.

Firstly, because it would be way to time consuming.
Secondly, polygraph tests are ridiculous.
Last edited by brownshirt1 at Feb 1, 2012,
Look, this is stupid and shouldn't have happened, and I'm not excusing it, but to be fair, this was kind of a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation. How bad do you think it would look if, for the sake of the argument, they actually did come to America, then blew something up, and were able to openly say online they were doing so, and they got through because they "Thought they were joking"?

Again, I'm not excusing this, it's stupid and overzealous. But there really wasn't a good way to go from their angle.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Feb 1, 2012,
I hope the Russian or Chinese government posts on its official website: "We're going to detroy America".

Then follow up on their claim
Quote by WaltTheWerewolf

Because Polygraphs are shit.
Quote by necrosis1193
Look, this is stupid and shouldn't have happened, and I'm not excusing it, but to be fair, this was kind of a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation. How bad do you think it would look if, for the sake of the argument, they actually did come to America, then blew something up, and were able to openly say online they were doing so, and they got through because they "Thought they were joking"?

Again, I'm not excusing this, it's stupid and overzealous. But there really wasn't a good way to go from their angle.

The good way is to use common sense and realise that it's quite clearly not serious.

If they wanted they could have investigated further rather than simply banning them from entering the country.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Dread man, take 'em out before they blow up our country lol

and yes the DHS is one of the worst things to happen to America and we have Bush to blame for that...