hi!

ok here's the thing, im thinking about buying a jackson RRXT (i just love that kawasabi green ) but i'll probably mod it.

i already have a guitar with EMG's but im actually enjoying passive's a lot lately. thing is i can't really make up my mind on what pick up to buy!

i play metal and some softer stuff BUT for this guitar i dont care about cleans! i want a metal guitar with an articulate sound but cleans are not important (i have another guitar for that) and it must have enough punch to play it directly into the amp with out any pedals, and to play stuff from Gojira, heaven shall burn, neaera, system divide and stuff like that.

so i have narrowed it down to 3 but i cant make up my mind (possible that im going in the wrong direction in that case feel free to guide me)

-bareknucle warpig
-seymour duncan invader SH-8
-lundgren M6

also, the price is NOT a problem!

thanks!!!
This is my sig....i'm not a funny man
Dimarzio Dactivator
Dimarzio X2N
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
No dimarzio D-activator or X2N?

I am dissapoint.

Out of the three, I would go for (in order)

Warpig
M6
Invader.

Although I personaly hate the invader...

*edit*
ninja'd
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
The invader is shit. Bare knuckle are amazing and they wont diss appoint but isn't the warping a p90? I think that the aftermath or the nailbomb would be good since they're humbuckers. Unless you want p90s of course.
well there's a good reason i didn't include a dimarzio pick up!......i actually forgot to check demarzio out
Warpigs are seriously high output. Like beyond high, Painkiller or Aftermaths are a bit more toned down yet still really punchy.

+1 on the Lundgren m6
If you want something different with a fair bit of power behind it go for a Neodymium pickup.

Q-Tuner GL-6

that or the Bareknuckle Warpig
I have mbk3's in my explorer, slightly modified warpigs for mansons guitars. Their fantastic but very very hot.
thanks a lot you guys! well since almost everyone is talking good about BK (and i mean ever since i started checking this forum) i really feel like trying one. i checked out BK site and i'll probably get a pain killer (since the warpig is a litle bit too much high output).
thanks a lot!
go with the bareknuckles, they won't disappoint you. I play an explorer with a painkiller bridge and the other guitarist in my band plays a schecter with the emg 81/85 combo, no contest. The bareknuckles are as aggressive (possibly more) as the emgs but still clean up well and keep their warmth (They are actually great clean too). Oh and if your wanting the best results in regards to articulation with lots of gain, be sure you order ceramic and not alnico. Apparently the aftermath is THE metal pick-up, might want to check that one out too.

to one of the post above, the warpig is a humbucker but they make a p90 called a pig90 based off the humbucker.
Rig:
Peavey 6505+ Head
Mesa Rectifier 412
Gibson Explorer w/mods
Ibanez 321mh
(Les Paul 60's Tribute soon!)
Quote by Explorer92
go with the bareknuckles, they won't disappoint you. I play an explorer with a painkiller bridge and the other guitarist in my band plays a schecter with the emg 81/85 combo, no contest. The bareknuckles are as aggressive (possibly more) as the emgs but still clean up well and keep their warmth (They are actually great clean too). Oh and if your wanting the best results in regards to articulation with lots of gain, be sure you order ceramic and not alnico. Apparently the aftermath is THE metal pick-up, might want to check that one out too.

to one of the post above, the warpig is a humbucker but they make a p90 called a pig90 based off the humbucker.

Oh cool.
Quote by Explorer92
go with the bareknuckles, they won't disappoint you.
They won't disappoint, assuming OP orders a set that are suitable. Even the best hand made pickups will sound bad if you pick the wrong kind of model.

That said, I wouldn't suggest any scatterwound pickups for this sort of music anyway. The uneven coils results in more harmonic overtones and also slighlty more hum. Scatterwound pickups are great when that's what you need, but there are some styles better off with off-the-shelf, matched coil pickups from regular brands like DiMarzio and Seymour Duncan.

OP, what's your amp? Because that's very important when picking pickups, especially if you want something good for heavy styles without using pedals.

Also, you say you don't even have the guitar yet; I would suggest you wait until you get the guitar, then see how you like the stock pickups (which are already high output passives). you may find the guitar is much darker sounding than you thought, or brighter, or thinner, or thicker, or whatever. It's silly to be picking out pickups when you don't even know how the guitar sounds to begin with.

Anyhoo, for that sort of metal style, and assuming your amp is appropriate, personally I'd use a SD Alternative 8 in the bridge and a DiMarzio D Activator-X Neck in the neck. They've both got ridiculous output and enough body to them to balance out the neck-through maple design of that guitar. Neither has nice cleans, which is why they tend to not get mentioned much, but since you say that doesn't bother you, that's what I'd go with.

Finally, tip: if you do want to go for scatterwound pickups, while Bare Knuckle are okay, there's also The Creamery who have a slightly more varied range, in my experience are a little more attentive to the player's needs and will do things like double blade pickups, great for the styles of music and tone you listed. Plus they're a little cheaper than Bare Knuckle, and in my personal experience, sound better.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.