I am currently doing a GCSE in music so i know the basics of it, just none of it applies to guitar. I have been looking all over the net for places to learn theory that applies to guitar but just can't find anything. If someone could tell me where is the best place to learn theory, DVD's and websites would be best.
Go to a book shop or music shop and ask them if they have any theory books, I advise the pop music theory it's probably the easiest to learn and it'll help you with everything you need to do with guitar also I started by learning the notes on the fretboard and knowing scales... All theory applies to guitar you just need a good knowledge of where all the notes on a guitar are..
Music theory applies to all instruments, guitar included. Having said that, there are loads of good sites for scale shapes, chords etc if you just do a google or two
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
A music teacher maybe?

I seriously doubt what you've been taught at GCSE doesn't apply to guitar.

I did GCSE Music last year and I'm doing an AS in it now and a lot of it is relevant if you actually know what you're doing and how to apply it. Well help you understand how many songs are put together and how to write things.

A good guitar teacher would help massively if you don't currently have one, much more than a dvd can help.
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
Quote by digman50
A music teacher maybe?

I seriously doubt what you've been taught at GCSE doesn't apply to guitar.

I did GCSE Music last year and I'm doing an AS in it now and a lot of it is relevant if you actually know what you're doing and how to apply it. Well help you understand how many songs are put together and how to write things.

A good guitar teacher would help massively if you don't currently have one, much more than a dvd can help.

Most of my music lessons consist of recognizing instruments like the violin and harp to be honest. Not very good as they don't really teach us at all, they tell us to get learn it outside of school. >