I play in a relatively large jazz band playing bass, and I'm busy wondering about amplification for an upcoming concert - we play in rather large halls.

When rehearsing I use a 150w bass amp (No idea about the make/model) but it doesn't sound that nice tone wise (The EQ is messed up) - I also have a 30w Marshall which sounds really good but is too small. Would it be possible for me to plug my bass into my Marshall and then use the line out into the bigger amp? i.e. just use it as a cab. It has all the Aux inputs etc.

Thanks
Quote by Jackson99
I play in a relatively large jazz band playing bass, and I'm busy wondering about amplification for an upcoming concert - we play in rather large halls.

When rehearsing I use a 150w bass amp (No idea about the make/model) but it doesn't sound that nice tone wise (The EQ is messed up) - I also have a 30w Marshall which sounds really good but is too small. Would it be possible for me to plug my bass into my Marshall and then use the line out into the bigger amp? i.e. just use it as a cab. It has all the Aux inputs etc.

Thanks

Don't see why not, but that's a very small amp for bass -- I can't see that working out for you too well.

Have you considered getting your 150w (also not very large for a bass) fixed?
Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native