I have a peavey jsx and I was messing with the tubes to see why I got this high pitched feedback (I found out the most likely reason is my guitars) but then I though "Ok if they have powertubes organized into elwahtevers and 6l6's then do they have anything like this for preamp tubes?

I got a JJ 12A7X ECC83 S.
12AX7/ECC83
12AU7/ECC82
12AT7/ECC81

and so on. I'd say these are safe to use in a guitar pre amp made for 12ax7's.
Others have other specifications such as heater voltage, anode voltage and etc.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Alright, thanks! I was kinda worried about this because I know a guy who had to pay 200 dollars to get his rectifier fixed because he had the wrong tubes in so it sort of worried me a bit.
Also 12AY7, 5751, 7025 and ECC803

I wouldn't be so sure about the 12AU7. It won't hurt the amp but some amps have too high of a plate voltage for those. They go spitzen, sparken, boom.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by zomgguitarz1234
Alright, thanks! I was kinda worried about this because I know a guy who had to pay 200 dollars to get his rectifier fixed because he had the wrong tubes in so it sort of worried me a bit.

You should have a rectifier valve in the erctifier if it's a valve rectifier. Don't put a 12AX7 in the rectifier socket. Something would break, and I'm not sure what else than the valve. If you can't tell them apart, don't touch them. Read up on valves and then start messing around. But if I remember correctly, you've got an XXX or JSX, and those have solid state rectifiers, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Quote by Cathbard
Also 12AY7, 5751, 7025 and ECC803

I wouldn't be so sure about the 12AU7. It won't hurt the amp but some amps have too high of a plate voltage for those. They go spitzen, sparken, boom.

Yeah, sorry. It's half eleven here, I blame it on tiredness.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.