So lately I been wondering...

If I got a Bass amp, a good one but not a Fender Bassman, and stuck a pedal board in front of it would it sound decent?

I'm looking to stick a Guitar --> Volume Pedal --> Proco Rat Distrotion 2 --> Noise Gate(probably ISP Decimator) --> MXR Stero Chorus --> MXR Stero Flanger --> Crybaby Wah (Using as a Filter Sweep) --> Bass Amp.

I would be looking to use this rig for Hard Rock. I figured if the Bass amp had a 10 band eq I could shape the guitar right or get an MXR 10 band EQ.

Why would I ask this?

I've played Bass amps before with a guitar and some effects and it sounded good, nice low end. I've played some random Peavey bass amp that was nice, my friends Fender Bassman (real good but not looking to spend 600 dollars on a bass amp), and a Marshall bass amp that was an unknown model but the year was like 1992.

Think this would be good? If I really wanted to could I say set up the amp and pedals to get an early 80s Ratt tone?

I think it would work well, but want to wait and get some input before I try it

Cheers,
Xter
Gibson Les Paul Custom (Aged White)
Custom Kramer Baretta
Custom Fender Strat
Epiphone Black Beauty
Epiphone AJ
Marshall JCM900 4201
Blackheart Little Giant
MXR Dist. +
MXR Six Band EQ
MXR Phase 90
I've seen many guitarist use bass amps for power over a guitar amp bacause of the headroom.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
I've seen many guitarist use bass amps for power over a guitar amp bacause of the headroom.

I know, but i'm asking more about the effects to clear things up. I don't know how well the bass amp could handle the pedals and retain a decent (or amazing) tone.
Gibson Les Paul Custom (Aged White)
Custom Kramer Baretta
Custom Fender Strat
Epiphone Black Beauty
Epiphone AJ
Marshall JCM900 4201
Blackheart Little Giant
MXR Dist. +
MXR Six Band EQ
MXR Phase 90
youd have to try to find out. The guys I have seen used old Peavey 300 watt bass heads and run distortion, delay, Phaser, ect. and they seem to take them pretty well.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
If you got the right type, it would work fine. Beware the newer lightweight class D amps. They are fine for lower bass frequencies, but not for the frequency range of guitars.
Various Strats
PRS SC245 (2007)
Fessenden SD-10 pedal steel
Koch Studiotone XL
Mesa Boogie Express 5:25+
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
Pretty much what's already been said.

I would do horrible horrible things for a Marshall Superbass.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
I have been thinkin the same thing,there is a few Peavy mkIV bass amps at around a $100 up here on craigs list. Theoreticly it should be fine maybe better if the frequincy response goes lower to like the 20Hz level
What the hell!!!
As for the Ratt tone I know you hate solid state but my Marshall 9001 preamp nails it.
What the hell!!!