Can anyone please tell me what the key differences are between the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Fender Blues Deville Reissue and the Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue. I'm trying to decide what amp to buy and I am reading reviews but not really understanding the differences in these amps. Could anyone with experience with these amps tell me some key differences? I play a MIM strat with a Boss ME70.
The Hot Rod's dirt channel sounds like crap?

Seriously, as far as I'm concerned, the HRD is a fine amp for the clean channel. The overdrive... not so much. That said, I'm not a fan of Fender's standard "Overdrive" channels. Cranked Fenders, yes, Fender distortion, not so much. The only good ones were the Super 60 and the Super Sonic.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by stratman_13
The Hot Rod's dirt channel sounds like crap?

Seriously, as far as I'm concerned, the HRD is a fine amp for the clean channel. The overdrive... not so much. That said, I'm not a fan of Fender's standard "Overdrive" channels. Cranked Fenders, yes, Fender distortion, not so much. The only good ones were the Super 60 and the Super Sonic.

So if I was to just have different tones in my pedal preamp saved I could leave it on the clean channel and switch them on my pedal would that be a good idea?
Indeed. At the very least, you'd have a decent platform. I'm not crazy about the ME series personally, but it'll work well with a good clean amp.

If you want to just use pedals for dirt and whatnot, I'd try to find an old silverface Fender on the cheap.
--

--
Blues Deluxe sounded awesome on both channels. The HRD leaves a lot to be desired. You have to set them perfectly to get anywhere and definitely not use a whole lot of gain! More volume than anything.
Based on what some here have said in the past, the Hod Rod Deluxe is apparently supposed to be great for Deathcore.
I would personally go with either the Blues Deluxe or an old Silverface Quad Reverb or Twin.
--

--
Quote by stratman_13
I would personally go with either the Blues Deluxe or an old Silverface Quad Reverb or Twin.

I'd go along with this.
A blackface Twin beats all though. If one comes up cheap enough, jump on it. It happens. Good luck.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
The HRD is pretty sucky indeed. I have modded them with some success though, and one of the mods I have done is stupidly simple. It changes out two resistors and improves the amp quite a bit. I outline the mod here:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1401877
I have a Blues Deville, both channels are pretty good, but the overdrive channel isn't as good as the clean channel. But both are quite nice and do the job well.
They can be bought for just as much as a HRD on craigslist. I got mine for $425ish
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio 60's Tribute
SX stratocaster
MIA Fender Stratocaster
Vox AD50 Vox AC15C1 Vox AC30CC2X Laney LH50r
Guitar>Joe Bonamossa Crybaby > AquaPuss> Sparkle Drive> Green Rhino> DejaVibe> Amplifier
CROWN VIC