I'm looking to purchase a new practice amp that I can also gig with as a secondary amp for clean sounds. My primary amp is a single channel JCM 800 but my band is starting to work in some songs that would sound better with a cleaner amp with some reverb. I browsed a little today at the local store and was looking at the Orange but thought the tone was a little tinny. Looking through some threads it looks like the Roland Cube, Peavey Vyper, and Vox VT seem to be mentioned a lot. Can I get some suggestions for something that worsk as a versatile indoor practice amp that I could also use live in a rock band as a clean amp? My price range is up to around $250. Thanks
I think Rolands have the nicest SS cleans, if that's what you're primarily using it for.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
If you're willing to go used, you might be able to find a jazz chorus 60 or 90 at that price which would give you much more headroom than a 30 watter. The cube does give a pretty good clean though.
Didn't think of a JC. Look around for one used. If not, the Cube 60 has the JC modelling clean which is very nice.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"