Hi. I was wondering if anyone could help me with the finger placement for this one section of the tabs for Spanish Romance. (first bit of part 2) (full tab link below) I am not musically educated so I use simpletons words, hope that's ok.

e|-----------|----------|
B|5--4--4--|4--3--4--|
G|-2--2--2-|-2--2--2-|
D|--4--4--4|--4--4--4|
A|2----------|2---------|
E|-----------|-----------|

So far I have assumed it is a bar on the second fret, and the part that is giving me problems is when I have to go from B4 to B3, because if i was using my pinky for the B string I would eather have to use my index finger witch i can only get nail contact with, or let my pinky take the ring fingers job while the ring finger gets the B3. Or maybe I am not supposed to bar 2? Was I right about switching up?

While we are on the subject of this song Id like to ask a second question about it. I notice then when I go to a bar it cuts off the nice resonance that is normally constant thorough the song, do you suggest pausing a moment before going to a bar so it fades a bit before you cut it off?

Full Tab: http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/m/misc_traditional/spanish_romance_tab.htm

All help very appreciated!

-Adrian
Last edited by Adrian383 at Feb 1, 2012,
1. Your tab is all messed up
2. Your link goes to the forums
3. Play the part however it feels comfortable to you
Gibson SG Special - Tony Iommi pickups
Martin 000CXEBLACK acoustic/electric

Lefties Unite
IS THIS IT?
1. Your tab is all messed up 2. Your link goes to the forums 3. Play the part however it feels comfortable to you

1. Sorry about the link, I must have linked the wrong Firefox tab that I had open (now fixed).

2. As far as the tab, its just a little bit messed up... its special

3. My problem is none of the finger positions feel right.
Last edited by Adrian383 at Feb 1, 2012,
That is the correct form for that particular piece.

Yes you do use the index to barre the second fret.

Ring finger on D4.

Fourth finger for B5 and B4.

Second finger for B3 unless you only have 3 fingers on your left hand, then you would have to make some serious adjustments.

If all the notes aren't ringing out, then you need to keep practicing that form.

You do hold the last note for an extra half beat but then you need to make a quick transition for the next form at the 7th fret.
I'm the only player to be sponsered by 7 guitar companies not to use their products.