Page 1 of 4
I see a lot of American TV and movies, and it seems to be that food is a huge part of American culture.

Food is just fuel, if we don't eat, we don't get energy and we die.

People need to realise that food is fuel, and should be nothing more.
Food is delicious. And your perception of sex is wrong, it's necessary for the continuation of our species. We don't respawn, we fail the game.
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
I say you're wrong and sex is about pleasure.

Sure, it's how we reproduce too and we need that, but who needs cake?
Sex is pleasure, food is fuel.
There is a great misconception of sex among the media and the cultural norms it generates - they are driving us to trivial pursuits, and it's not fun anymore.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by treborillusion
I say you're wrong and sex is about pleasure.

It's wired to feel good so we don't lose interest as a species.

Not that I don't find sex pleasurable

Sure, it's how we reproduce too and we need that, but who needs cake?
Sex is pleasure, food is fuel.

Someone has never had sex with cake.
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
sure its fuel but it can be more causeits delicious
just like sex is abot procreation but its also fun

if you cannot understand how food is delicious and enjoyable then youre eatign shitty food or have a very sad life without being able to enjoy food
Sex is fuel for the species, food is fuel for the man.

Both can be used for pleasure, but it's not what they were originally for (waay back at the dawn of mankind).
My current acoustic group:

Fiftieth Parallel

Martin Guitars
Elixer Strings
Acoustic amplification
BOSS pedals

Last edited by jon93971 at Feb 1, 2012,
Quote by treborillusion

People need to realise that food is fuel, and should be nothing more.

Who's to say you can't enjoy it, or make something more from it?
I will always say... I've never loved salt as much as I did after four days of no salt while backpacking. Food. Is. Awesome... with salt.

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
True, but why not make food tasty, and enjoyable? I don't think we should over-eat or any of that, which I think you're getting at, but there's nothing wrong with eating nice food, like cake. Sex has been trivialised somewhat, but there is more to it than just pleasure in some contexts.

What the FUCK are you on about?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Okay fine, food could be tasty too, health food/junk food alike... but at the end of the day, it's only fuel, why do people make such a big deal about food?
So what you're saying is, we make too much of a fuss about the pleasure gained from food, which is basically a way of keeping our bodies moving, while making too little fuss about the pleasure gained from sex, which is basically a way of keeping our species moving, and you're argument is "I say you're wrong" and "there is a great misperception."

Keep walking, buddy. You're welcome to your opinion, but it might be a good idea to quit treating it as a fact we need to learn.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
Because food is necessary for life, so rather than eat the same old shit each day, people like to zazz it up a little and enjoy it. It isn't that hard to understand.
Sex can be food
ESP LTD m400
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ Sanpera I
Dunlop Crybaby Wah pedal
ISP Decimator

"Dream big, and dare to fail. I dare you to do that." - James Hetfield, HoF Speech, 09
If we didn't glorify food, IF we didn't, I'm not saying we don't; Then people might eat right and not over eat and focus on other things in life instead, like sex, so therefore, wouldn't care about the food.
If food is just fuel to you TS, use a feeding tube. I'm sure you won't miss the taste of anything.
58-32 NFL Thread Pick Em.
ITT: TS is trying to make a fucking needless point.

Nothing to see here guys, just another useless thread.
Quote by TSmitty6
If food is just fuel to you TS, use a feeding tube. I'm sure you won't miss the taste of anything.

Replace that feeding tube with some pill/tablet thing and you've got yourself a deal.

Okay, true, food can be fun, and I have bragged about cooking skills and got creative in the kitchen, but... That's all a part of wooing, and that, at the VERY END of the day, is about sex. Sure, food could be fun... But it's not THAT big of a deal; I see food over used on TV.
Quote by treborillusion
Replace that feeding tube with some pill/tablet thing and you've got yourself a deal.

Okay, true, food can be fun, and I have bragged about cooking skills and got creative in the kitchen, but... That's all a part of wooing, and that, at the VERY END of the day, is about sex. Sure, food could be fun... But it's not THAT big of a deal; I see food over used on TV.

I don't even know why I want to reproduce anymore

Can't we just get those Insta-full pill like in Dragonball?
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
I'd like to welcome everyone to week's episode of "from the head of treborillusion" where we all discuss TS statement. Looks to be a good discussion.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
TS is an idiot.

edit: and probably fat.

edit 2: and probably a virgin

edit 3: and definitely a troll.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Last edited by breadstick at Feb 1, 2012,
I just had a large peri-peri chicken pizza, so you can fuck right off.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by treborillusion

You durty dawwwgggg, only using food to woo? Haha, ever heard of a dinner party, or family dinner etc. Food is a very social thing, eating brings people together and isn't just a means to sex. I don't watch much TV, but of what I've seen it isn't really overused.
Sound is just there to help us with our daily lives e.g. communicating and warning us of danger etc.

If we didn't glorify sound, we could stop making music and just be having sex all day.
Quote by super_strat
Sound is just there to help us with our daily lives e.g. communicating and warning us of danger etc.

If we didn't glorify sound, we could stop making music and just be having sex all day.

This not about sound though.

I don't hear too many songs about food though, do you?
Last edited by treborillusion at Feb 1, 2012,
Quote by treborillusion
This not about sound though.

I don't hear too many songs about food though, do you?

I don't eat too many foods about songs.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Either you eat to live, or you live to eat.

TS is a cold shell of a human being, and I genuinely pity him.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
So you're saying that we should stop eating things that taste nice, because the only reason we eat is to survive? Really? That dumb?
I'm saying there are more pleasures than food; and food is just fuel. - Why not just eat boring and do other stuff for fun instead?

There is so much more to life than food.
Because it isn't that time consuming to prepare something that doesn't taste completely bland, and you'll still have time to do whatever you consider "fun" after a delicious meal.
Quote by treborillusion
I'm saying there are more pleasures than food; and food is just fuel. - Why not just eat boring and do other stuff for fun instead?

There is so much more to life than food.

You could say that about literally any other pleasure. Why are you picking out food as the one enjoyable thing that we should inexplicably stop enjoying?

EDIT: In cultures like France, where people DO glorify food a lot more than America does, obesity is less of a problem because people eat slowly and well.
Last edited by whalepudding at Feb 1, 2012,
America just don't have a food culture. Right about the fuel thing, people don't think about what they eat, they just eat for not dying.
Because there's too much useless food on TV.

I mean, who cares if Mike & Molly are fat and crave doughnuts!?
I don't, infact, where is there even a Mike & Molly? (Mike & Molly's a show.)
Atleast Two and Half Men isn't food obsessed.

I think I had enough of food when I saw Over the Hedge (2006) and Bruce Willis yapping on and on about food, I think I snapped and was like 'Sh*t America love food too much.'
Page 1 of 4