Yay!! will save for one!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyPgBzqKlUs

Could this be the new era for amps ? :P

What are your toughts about this?
Quote by Hail
i'm the internet equivalent of ripping the skin off my face and strangling you with it right now

Quote by Steve Albini
Remixing is for talentless pussies who don't know how to tune a drum or point a microphone.
Last edited by Slashiepie at Feb 1, 2012,
But, it's a year old already...
Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
- George Dennis 60Watt The Blue Combo
- Marshall SuperBass 100Watt
That was interesting but that profiler has a horrible phase issue. They need more mics, and a room to capture the amp's tone better.

Honestly though, why buy this? From my understanding this will only sound as good as the equipment you have. You couldn't "profile" anything good without a cab with good speakers, wood, and construction. You need great mics, and I like to do it how Steve Vai has suggested in a Home recording mag, so right there is a lot of money exculding the tube amp to profile your own. Then again if you are buying this, you are probably already loaded

Cheers,
Xter
Gibson Les Paul Custom (Aged White)
Custom Kramer Baretta
Custom Fender Strat
Epiphone Black Beauty
Epiphone AJ
Marshall JCM900 4201
Blackheart Little Giant
MXR Dist. +
MXR Six Band EQ
MXR Phase 90
I really like the idea of this thing, but my understanding is that you need to have access to the amp to profile the tone. Basically, it's an Axe-FX, without all the work put into it to profile a bunch of different amps. Yes, it's cool that you can profile obscure amps that many modeling companies wouldn't think to do... but at the same time - You have to own or have access to said amp to do so, and most people who are interested in these sorts of things, don't have access to them, which is kind of the point of buying a modeling technology. It's not like a store like Guitar Center is going to let you come in and profile all their amps in the store freely

It's a really cool idea, but poorly implemented IMO.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Actually, how the Kemper works is this:
It comes loaded with a bunch of profiled amps, effects, stompboxes ect..

You can profile any guitar amp you have and it saves to the Kemper so you can have that amp anywhere you go without lugging it around.

Also, you can download profiles of amps that other Kemper users profiled and mos of those profiles are free to download. I think this could be the future of guitar playing.

Here's a good demo. http://soundcloud.com/temper59/kemper-profiling-amp-foxglove
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Last edited by kutless999 at Feb 1, 2012,
Meh. Sounds...eh.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Quote by kutless999

You can profile any guitar amp you have and it saves to the Kemper so you can have that amp anywhere you go without lugging it around.

Also, you can download profiles of amps that other Kemper users profiled and mos of those profiles are free to download. I think this could be the future of guitar playing.

Here's a good demo. http://soundcloud.com/temper59/kemper-profiling-amp-foxglove

Look at the cost though. That scares away most people. If they can mass produce this good enough to drop it to say $600, then maybe. I would rather buy a real tube before spending $2,000 on an amp that records other amps. Just my opinion though.

I wouldn't like doing what I bolded. If they don't record it right, it'll be out of phase. Even if the microphones are a fraction of an inch or centimeter off, it's out of phase. One microphone recording doesn't cut it ethier. It's a good idea, but not well thought out.
Custom Kramer Baretta
Custom Fender Strat
Epiphone Black Beauty
Epiphone AJ
Marshall JCM900 4201
Blackheart Little Giant
MXR Dist. +
MXR Six Band EQ
MXR Phase 90
Last edited by Xter at Feb 1, 2012,
Yeah, but would you rather have; one good amp for $1800 or thousands of amps that sound very good for $1800?
Quote by kutless999
Yeah, but would you rather have; one good amp for $1800 or thousands of amps that sound very good for $1800?

You got your logic wrong. If this thing "profiles" other amps, it sounds the same or worse. Chances are worse seeing how they profiled the sound. Refer to my edit above about phases on recording with mics. I would rather the one amp that has real tubes that I know will sound like the real thing. Truth is though, if you get a quality tube amp, it'll do every genre you need with maybe a pedal or two and some EQing.
Custom Kramer Baretta
Custom Fender Strat
Epiphone Black Beauty
Epiphone AJ
Marshall JCM900 4201
Blackheart Little Giant
MXR Dist. +
MXR Six Band EQ
MXR Phase 90
I'd rather have one good amp that is worth the $1800. I can imagine most of the people that would own this may not even be able to profile their gear properly. Similar to how most patches you can download for Line 6 products are just not even worth using.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
I think this would have some use in a studio where they could profile amps/effects/guitars that an customer brings in and be able to use that for other customers
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
I remember when the buzz about that thing first started. It's really impressive, but I'll keep my tubes and simplicity of not having to have a dead-perfect, super expensive setup to profile amps correctly.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Let me grab one of those and a self tuning guitar please. Screw musicianship and knowing your instrument/gear, thats ancient bull.
If you want to jam in/around Mooresville NC message me.
Quote by kutless999

That's pretty cool, actually. If you can download amps from other users, that could be pretty awesome.

The only issue I have with it, is that all the clips I've heard of it didn't sound too convincing to me. Good, but not as good as the real thing

If they could perfect this, it could be huge though.

I have a feeling that all it's doing though, is just match EQing the incoming signal to a sound profile built into it and then allows you to tweak it from there. Not really a huge revelation, since you can do it with Ozone for like $200.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Sounds nice.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
1)It comes loaded with a couple of profiled amps

2) Sound wise, it is near impossible to tell the difference under appropiate experimental conditions.
And it is no new fact that the ears of extremely experienced Audio Engineers have already failed tests against VSTI´s like Guitar Rig, Waves GTR and others..

3) If only one could sneak into a guitar Store and profile the shit out of everything.. XD
Quote by Hail
i'm the internet equivalent of ripping the skin off my face and strangling you with it right now

Quote by Steve Albini
Remixing is for talentless pussies who don't know how to tune a drum or point a microphone.
Last edited by Slashiepie at Feb 2, 2012,
Nice stuff, this thing would be great if it works as described. They should place one at local GC to test out, would be fun to take your amp down there & see how good it is at profiling it.

Normally profiling was being down with audio spectrum analysers, they were software level though & could be used to plot curves which then provided the necessary data which helped to get a specific sound in the studio. The Kempler seems to do it in real time & with ease too. Cool to know that something like this exists out there.
This is my favorite clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxLK_YLUDmw&feature=share

CA OD100

Here's the thing, Like the Axe, you can go BEYOND the parameters an amp usually has. MOre than +12db of gain + turning any tone stack active.

Quote by Xter
Honestly though, why buy this? From my understanding this will only sound as good as the equipment you have. You couldn't "profile" anything good without a cab with good speakers, wood, and construction. You need great mics, and I like to do it how Steve Vai has suggested in a Home recording mag, so right there is a lot of money exculding the tube amp to profile your own. Then again if you are buying this, you are probably already loaded

You can SEPARATE the cab from the amp. How it's done, I don't know. You can profile stompboxes as well. There are really badass profiles I hear every week on the kemper forums.

You don't need expensive microphones, there are nice reference microphones that DBX makes to use with their RTA boxes that are full range and have a flat EQ response.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Last edited by Reincaster at Feb 2, 2012,
And right now, Mr. Kemper is working on an update that will actually model the tone stack of the amp that you are profiling.
Quote by kutless999
And right now, Mr. Kemper is working on an update that will actually model the tone stack of the amp that you are profiling.

It is more of a library update, you will select the tone stack you want and apply it to the amp so the knobs react the same way. The Axe FX already does this.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra