this is an exercice my classmate sent me b4 that i always wonder how people finger
0 1 4 5 7 8 11 12 .. (high e string)

or another example (i made out of curiosity)

0 1 3 5 7 9 11 13 15

//

i wonder if people use fingers 1234 1234 etc.. or just 123 123 or smthn
Last edited by luxeion at Jul 12, 2012,
for the 013 part I'd recommend open, 1st finger, 3rd finger. Then for the 5, 7, 9 I'd slide up and use 1st finger,2nd finger, 4th finger. Its a bit of a spread but if you practice it it gets easier quickly. Then for the 11, 13, 15 I'd dop the 1st, 2nd, 4th spread again.
When all else fails.......Shred!!
well i'd finger the first 4 notes, open 1st finger 3rd finger 4th finger. then slide up and play 7,9,11 and 13 on their respective fingers. then do a pinky slide to the 15th, or a position shift if im still going.

then again i have reasonably big hands. when ever i can use less positions i will.
Last edited by Marshmelllow at Feb 1, 2012,
If you're just running up a scale I would definitely not recommend doing it on one string; if you're really intent on doing it that way I'm sure it's possible but there are much easier ways of getting that effect.

Generally if people are working on one string they'll sequence what they're doing, often in fours if you're going for that Malmsteen type tone that people often do with this kind of thing.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by luxeion
this is an exercice my classmate sent me b4 that i always wonder how people finger
0 1 4 5 7 8 11 12 .. (high e string)

or another example

0 1 3 5 7 9 11 13 15

//

i wonder if people use fingers 1234 1234 etc.. or just 123 123 or smthn

To be honest that's not really much use as an exercise because it doesn't really correlate to something you'd actually want to play.

Don't get me wrong, it's important to be familiar with the notes of a scale in all their guises, and learning it along one string is useful for helping you remember the whole scale pattern across the fretboard. However what your friend's shown you simlpy doesn't have an awful lot of use as an exercise.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
the first one is the first measure of the exercise..

the second one is my example out of curiousity haha, cuz i see people go up and down the fretboard real quick,...and i jussst don't get how they do it