Read mostly good reviews on them. I think the only real downside in that guitar are the pickups which I believe are mounted so that you cannot change them or something.
Quote by Jyrgen
Read mostly good reviews on them. I think the only real downside in that guitar are the pickups which I believe are mounted so that you cannot change them or something.

You're wrong on the pups. They're hardmounted, which means they're mounted directly on the wood, instead of on mounting rings or pickguard. They can be changed just fine. The reason they're hardmounted is that it's Eddie Van Halen's own preference - many people think that this allows for better performance from the pickups than with standard mounting.

The only downside with this is that the height of the pickups (at least in my Ibanez SV5470F, which also has hardmounted pups) is regulated by a piece of foam, and this foam wears with time - it has to be replaced, eventually.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
They are amazing. One of the best guitars ive ever personally played, ive been gassing for one for ages. They have excellent weighting to them, they sound amazing, have killer sustain, and have phenomenal necks. Wolfgangs just feel so right to me.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I seriously considered buying a fixed bridge wolfgang special one at one point.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Guitar Player magazine had a nice write-up about both the EVH Wolfgang Special models, and the US-made regular Wolfgangs, and had very good things to say about both. This would have been 3 or so issues ago, and the article might still be on their web site. Since even the Specials are not that cheap, you might also look around for used Peavey EVH's, and be able to get a used US-made one for a similar price as a new Special. (Or, as another alternative, a Ernie Ball Music Man Axis or Axis Sport.)
Quote by The^Unforgiven
You're wrong on the pups. They're hardmounted, which means they're mounted directly on the wood, instead of on mounting rings or pickguard. They can be changed just fine. The reason they're hardmounted is that it's Eddie Van Halen's own preference - many people think that this allows for better performance from the pickups than with standard mounting.

The only downside with this is that the height of the pickups (at least in my Ibanez SV5470F, which also has hardmounted pups) is regulated by a piece of foam, and this foam wears with time - it has to be replaced, eventually.

Ah so that is how it goes. Great.