Hey guys!

So It's my last year of high school and I have to decide which college i'ma go to in about 2 months...little less.
My dream remains to become a musician or work in the recording industry one way or another. But since I'm from Slovenia the chances are pretty slim...well of course I'm gonna try to succeed in the U.S. as well cause even if I make it here I'll need a job to support it.

Since I was a kid planes really fascinated me so I was thinking, why not try to become a pilot? We have a college for it in our capital and everybody says it's pretty hard. A lot of physics and maths and stuff that everybody hates. So my parents want me to go to an easier college which I'll finish with no difficulty whatsoever (traffic technology+logistics) and have a guaranteed job afterwards with a good pay. They want me to go there cause I'll have a lot more time for my music than if I went to become a pilot. A lot of people are convinced that I'll achieve a lot in music but me being so insecure, it'd be nice to at least do something else that I love.

So...what do you think that I should do? Music is still my primary goal but as you know yourself, not a sure deal.
And what are the ways of becoming a pilot/musician in your country?

Tl;Dr:

My primary goal in life is to become a recording musician/somebody in the recording industry but since it's not a sure deal (even if a lot of people believe in me(Guys in the business)), I would also really love to become a pilot but if I went that way I wouldn't have a lot of time for my music. What do you think that I should do? What are the ways of becoming one or another in your country?

Looking forward to your answers, thank you!
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
That's a really difficult question. Do you choose something that'll give you a chance to be happy and do what you love or do you choose something that will give you a chance to be happy and do what you love?
Quote by The_Casinator
That's a really difficult question. Do you choose something that'll give you a chance to be happy and do what you love or do you choose something that will give you a chance to be happy and do what you love?

Exactly! No sarcasm...seriously. If I choose music I'll have to bust my ass off trying to get into the business and if I choose aviation i'll bust my ass off trying to get thru college.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!

Honestly, if you love them both, you can't go wrong pursuing either - or both
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Last edited by strat0blaster at Feb 1, 2012,
Security will come with time. From what I've seen, those who live out of the "spotlight" nowadays are the most likely to get anywhere. It's never been easier to communicate with the whole world, that goes for music too (provided you do it right) and for some reason people outside the usual big cities are far more driven..at least that's what I've understood .
If you've got a passion, go for it. Who cares? Better to live 20 years than survive 90.

On the other hand, this is exactly the kind of decision only you can make for yourself.
you've picked two extremely hard choices to be succesful at. being a pilot is one of the hardest jobs to get in the world and i dont think it's something you should try and do unless you've known your whole life that that's what you want to do.
Last edited by callumbloodpuke at Feb 1, 2012,
Join the military, they'll give you the best training and you'll get paid for it. Whereas if you decided to go to ''pilot school'' and do everything on your own, you'd end up with crippling debt. By the way, a lot of pilots actually don't make that much money, you'd be surprised, it depends on who you work for.

An old friend of our family was in the air force here, retired at 45, collected full pension. Then he moved back to british columbia, searched for a job, got hired like it was nothing because all of his experience with the military and now he flies for some company, boeing or something. Anyways, he's clearing 150k easyyyy, and he gets all sorts of extra pay added on to that, plus all these flight benefits with his job. Plus his military pension. So yeah, he's laughing.

EDIT: But yeah, I heard become a pilot is one the hardest things to get. Something like becoming an astronaut.