Been looking at getting one of the Vox Amplugs as they seem pretty good for £40. Not sure which one to get though.

On second thoughts, i could probably just get the iRig for about a tenner less and plug it into my iPhone and have loads of different tones.

Does anyone have any first hand experience with one (or more) of the Amplugs. Are they worth the money?
the irig is superior by far.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
They are ok for quiet practice but don't expect greatness. I have the AC30 one, anybody that thinks it sounds like an AC30 has never heard an AC30 but it is useable. You can hear what you are playing and it isn't annoying, that's all I was hoping for and it achieves that. The quality of the headphones makes a big difference.
They are really convenient. No screwing around. It plugs straight into your guitar. The iRig would sound better and if you are jamming with mp3's then it would be the same as using an amplug with an external mp3 player (which is probably your iphone anyway, yes?)
If you always have your phone with you anyway, you may as well use it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Feb 1, 2012,
i have both.

the irig wins hands down.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
The great thing about amplugs is that you can chuck 'em in your guitar case. But like I said, if you have your phone with you all the time anyway ...........
I don't have a smartphone so the amplug is perfect for me.

Which makes me wonder. Are the any decent android apps out yet?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Feb 1, 2012,
I have a classic rock amplug and I enjoy it for what it is. Handy for practicin in front of the TV while the wife's watchin shite. If I had an iphone i'd probably go with the irig but I have a Samsung Galaxy and Android doesn't make an interface yet.
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

"I won't waste my love on a nation" BRMC
I've got the AC30 one, it's pretty cool. One thing that I've been happy to use it with is my multi effects pedal, and instead of going headphone out, I just run a line to my computer for recording. I mean, it's not as good as a lot of other options, but since I don't have too much recording equipment, I thought it was sweet.

I dunno about the iRig, but it seems like a lot of people really enjoy it.
You should be able to pick one up for less than 40 quid.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
I have the metal AmPlug and it is pretty cool, however I've heard good things about the iRig also.
THinking about it, the iRig would probably be the better choice as its cheaper and does everything the Amplug does and more seeing as though i can use the fx on Garageband and Amplitube
Go used man, got mine for £15

Fender MIJ '62 Reissue Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Jet City JCA20H
Orange PPC212
ZVex Fuzz Factory
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS-9
Boss DD-7
Digitech Whammy IV
I have the AC30 with a pair of Bose IE2 headphones. Sounds decent, although I wish it had reverb. Like RubberSoul, it’s great for practicing in front of the TV while my wife watches her shows. She can’t hear me and I can pretend I’m paying attention to her shows. Geez, I hate her shows…
I have the AC30 model. Its not bad. Suprisingly the gain control works well and actually sounds decent to me.

That said, I'd rather have the iRig.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!