I have a bit of money and a bit of space left on my pedalboard, so I've been looking at buying some pedals again. A friend from a post-rock group that I'm in has a POG2 and it makes some pretty interesting sounds. However, it's way to expensive for the amount of use it's going to get from me and it's also rather big (I don't have a lot of space left on my board). So I looked into the Boss Harmonist PS-6. On another forum I read the POG2 and PS-6 are two pedals with really different purposes, so now I'm confused.

- I'll mostly be using the pedal for making nice harmonies and using this for playing ambient and such. I don't need a pedal to make my guitar sound like a bass or make it really high pitched which is pretty useless anyway. I just want nice harmonies to volume swell with a bit.
- I like RATM-like noises. Of course I considered the whammy, but the PS-6 can do the same sounds with the S-Bend mode, especially with an expression pedal (watch the proguitarshop video to see Andy play Killing In The Name Of with the PS-6 really accurately). This is not the highest priority, but it's nice to have.
- One more note: I already have a Line6 Verbzilla with shimmer. Does this mean that seeing as how I don't need all the functions from the harmony/pitch shift pedal I don't need one at all?

TL;DR: Want to make nice noises and ambient, should I get the Boss PS-6? Don't really want to spend more than 150 euro (excluding expression pedal).
Last edited by Soldier Poet at Feb 1, 2012,
I've used one of these before, and I also use a similar feature on my Boss GT-10, and I do have to say, they are fairly accurate as long as you have a grasp on music theory, and don't use distortion. It will sound spot on using a clean channel, but you will get too many artifacts as a result of the pedal trying to harmonize the actual distortion itself. The one thing I haven't tried is spilting the signal for a left and right channel...
Axes
Peavey V-Type NTB ST
Peavey PXD 23 II
Jackson JS32T
Ibanez RG 1570
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Blue Royale
ESP LTD EX-50

Amps & Effects
Mesa Boogie Nomad 55
Boss Katana KTN-Head
Roland JC-120
Boss GT-100
Boss ME-80
Zoom G5
Quote by Pyrax87
I've used one of these before, and I also use a similar feature on my Boss GT-10, and I do have to say, they are fairly accurate as long as you have a grasp on music theory, and don't use distortion. It will sound spot on using a clean channel, but you will get too many artifacts as a result of the pedal trying to harmonize the actual distortion itself. The one thing I haven't tried is spilting the signal for a left and right channel...

I know my theory, and I don't use much distortion generally, so that's fine.
Quote by Pyrax87

If the pedal is in your chain before dirt (amp gain or stompboxes), wouldn't artifacts from distortion not be an issue, seeing as you're harmonizing the clean sound from the guitar and then distorting that signal?