i'm after a new set of speakers for an unloaded orange 4x12 i acquired! I already have 2 cabs with V30s in. I'm looking for something with a similar sound, but less the price tag! Any suggestions? I don't mind paying, but if i can find a cheaper alternative then i'd rather!
Gear:-
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall DSL50 (In the process of modding!)
Fender 2x12 Deville
Marshall 1960 (V30's)
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson SG Special
Fender 'Marcus Miller' Jazz Bass

My Band
Juturna

Avatarspeakers.com have some hellatone 60's they are just broken in v30s. Might be a bit cheaper.
honestly none of those are likely to be any cheaper in the UK than celestions, and in some cases (weber) are likely to be a lot dearer

tayden maybe? not a whole heap cheaper but at least it'd be something a little different. and made in the UK. haven't tried them, though.

blue aran has some deals on selected eminence models at the moment, but i'm not sure if they have them on anything v30-ish. though the going rate on a governor is around £50 anyway, so it might be worth a try.

also might be worth considering combining speakers, since you're starting from scratch. not much point in going with what's readily available loaded off the shelf when you can get something a bit more unique.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Kevin Saale
They really aren't. If you want cheap celestion clones check out http://wgs4.com/ Warehouse speakers.

Holy shit.

I haven't seen you 'round these parts in AGES.

Then again I haven't really been active on here lately.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--