I do melodic death metal music. Which sound card do u suggest in general for metal music for recording purpose?

Pls respond with next 2 weeks i will buy. So please reply.
Last edited by Free_Fall at Feb 1, 2012,
what do you want to do with the soundcard?
Even God has a Hell, his love for Humanity.
by Friedrich Nietzsche

Call me Edge
Erm, not to be unhelpful but you do realise that the genre you like should have no influence over the type of sound card you use... and whilst you haven't actually given any clue as to what you intend to use it for, I am willing to bet that you would be better off buying an audio interface and are making the same mistake far too many people do by just rushing into this forum without reading any of the stickies/FAQ's without having done any research on the matter.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Erm, not to be unhelpful but you do realise that the genre you like should have no influence over the type of sound card you use... and whilst you haven't actually given any clue as to what you intend to use it for, I am willing to bet that you would be better off buying an audio interface and are making the same mistake far too many people do by just rushing into this forum without reading any of the stickies/FAQ's without having done any research on the matter.

for recording purpose. I have two choices. but i wanna know from this forum people what do they say/suggest.
Quote by Free_Fall
for recording purpose. I have two choices. but i wanna know from this forum people what do they say/suggest.

Ok, let's try again... take two

1) What is it you want to record? Guitars (electric, acoustic)? Drums? Vocals? Live performance? DI'd guitars/bass and programmed drums in software?

2) What is your budget?
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Ok, let's try again... take two

1) What is it you want to record? Guitars (electric, acoustic)? Drums? Vocals? Live performance? DI'd guitars/bass and programmed drums in software?

2) What is your budget?

Guitar, budget is withing 250 $ .
Not sure if English isn't your first language, so I'll try once more, but you need to be more descriptive if you want any useful help.

Are you planning to record electric guitar, acoustic guitar or both? What gear do you already have (i.e what guitar/amp would you be recording if you use a mic)? Do you have any mics (and which ones)? Do you want to mic up an amp or plug your guitar straight in to the DAW and use amp sims?
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Not sure if English isn't your first language, so I'll try once more, but you need to be more descriptive if you want any useful help.

Are you planning to record electric guitar, acoustic guitar or both? What gear do you already have (i.e what guitar/amp would you be recording if you use a mic)? Do you have any mics (and which ones)? Do you want to mic up an amp or plug your guitar straight in to the DAW and use amp sims?

I will use my Ibanez RG323EX electric guitar and Line 6 pod 2 to record both distortion and acoustic tone with my guitar.

I will not go for analog recording. I will go for Digital recording.

I want to have sounds like inflames. So now suggest me a sound card for recording.

(I will also go for voice recording. But do not know which mic to buy...so for the moment, lets keep it aside.)
Quote by Free_Fall
Guitar, budget is withing 250 $ .

In that budget, I would suggest the MAudio Delta 66 or the Delta 44 depending on what you may need.

Personally I would take the 66 for the little extra it has. FWIW, I've tried many a PCI interface and I've yet to be disappointed with MAudio PCI products.

Check it out HERE. About the best price I could find with a quick search.
Focusrite Saffire 6.

Nothing else even compares in its price range.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Ok. Thank you all. I think im going to buy Focusrite Saffire 6 though it looks ugly but quality and cost effectiveness do matter.