Link

They know they're onto something big. If only they knew what that something was.

A group of treasure hunters based in Stockholm, using sonar, has found a strange disc-shaped object on the floor of the Baltic Sea between Sweden and Finland. From above, it looks a bit like the Millennium Falcon of "Star Wars" fame. It's large -- 197 feet in diameter -- and it's in about 275 feet of water. Leading to (or from) it is a churned-up track on the sea floor of about 1,600 feet.

"We need to know what we've found," said Peter Lindberg of Ocean Explorer, the group that made the sonar sweep while looking for more conventional shipwrecks. "Media has been speculating about everything from UFOs to Russian spaceships."

What are the most realistic possibilities? "Let us put it like this: we have tried a lot of theories," Lindberg wrote in an email to ABC News. "The list is getting shorter and shorter with options, so for now we do not really know. We do not have anything that speaks more for one option or the other."

The treasure hunters would like to explore the wreck -- if it is a wreck -- with a small submarine, but they don't have the money to bring one in. If it were one of the conventional ships they've looked for in the past, they would hope to find gold or silver, but in this case they don't know what's actually there.

So they are talking to TV production companies, hoping one will fund them and make a documentary about their work. In the meantime, they are keeping the precise location of their find a secret, and waiting for spring and warmer weather.

"We are determined to successfully complete our mission of finding out what's at the bottom of the Baltic Sea," said Lindberg.

Not really, but it does look like it. What could it be?
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Click on the link >_>
Quote by UntilISleep

Quote by Primus2112

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

kkoo
Quote by afatguitarist
A picture of it would be nice

You know that link in the OP?

edit: ninja
It's a giant, aquatic pacman.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
That actually does look a lot like the Millenium Falcon. I call scam, especially since they mentioned they needed funding.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
RIP Han Solo and Chewbacca. You will be missed.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
It's clearly a rock or a mistake in the program.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by afatguitarist
I resent that

Just noticed your name
Quote by UntilISleep

Quote by Primus2112

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

kkoo
clearly just a massive half eaten mini cheddar
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Quote by RetroGunslinger
clearly just a massive half eaten mini cheddar

I believe at that size they just call them "cheddars".
Who wrote the blood and water chapter anyway? Probably some surly dad, only child, thirty cats.
Quote by afatguitarist
Many thanks kind sir

It wasn't your name that's funny, just the lazy ass comment and then seeing your name
Quote by UntilISleep

Quote by Primus2112

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

kkoo
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
RIP Han Solo and Chewbacca. You will be missed.

They obviously took the escape pod. 'Cause that's what it's for: escaping.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Quote by Most_Triumphant
They obviously took the escape pod. 'Cause that's what it's for: escaping.

They got rid of those before they were sucked into the first death star.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Considering that Star Wars happened a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, I guess it's feasible that they perfected intergalactic travel and crash landed since then.

This
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?