http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-16830664

So it seems Facebook will soon be a publicly traded company. Thoughts?

EDIT:

Another link:

http://money.cnn.com/2012/02/01/technology/facebook_ipo/index.htm?iid=Lead
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Last edited by rockingamer2 at Feb 1, 2012,
Capitalism.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I watched The Social Network yesterday, he's a twat. He's also a genius.

OT: I see FB as an internet 'power house', it's amazing how big it's become, this will only help it grow even bigger.

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
The IPO is going to be stupidly high.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
That company is a fucking disgrace.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
As long as i can still have a wank to some dirty wee slags holiday bikini pictures its happy days!
Is it hot in here??

This one time in Dubai.....

Quote by LRCGUITAR
I could not give less of a fuck.

I could..
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
I don't even know what that means.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I'd totally buy stock in Facebook, I seriously doubt they'll go anywhere any time soon and I guarantee they'll be doing something or other to increase their value at some point. That being said, investing in Google + wouldn't be too shabby of an idea either, given its recent popularity.

I still hate both companies with a passion, but money is awesome.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by bradulator
I don't even know what that means.

The general public will be trading shares of Facebook, giving it value as a part of our assets as an entire market, rather than its private operation in which it has operated until now, where the public are not involved with holding any ownership/stake in the company.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
I used to work for a company that did surveys, companies pay big $$ for personal information. The whole movie about Facebook was about generating hype for the worlds largest profile / personal survey website.

Authorities and businesses alike can make some amazingly accurate predictions about you based on your profile. You provide them with a deep evaluative psyche profile based on your own submission of youtube vids, links, personal quotes and thumbs up of other posts. You also demonstrate the type of people you interact with on a regular basis.

You know those guys who get into girls pants by telling them exactly what they wanna hear? Well, by using sites like facebook and youtube you're basically giving authorities and big businesses a free ticket into your pants.

Companies can deliver to you customized banner ad's that depict people dressed exactly like the crowd you hang out with in real life. Collection of personal phrases you say can help them target the correct wording most likely to appeal to you. And Govt. can create ad campaigns that are more effective at engendering patriotism and increase recruitment numbers.

If you ask why should you care, maybe these aren't such bad thing's after all ... it's virtually impossible to escape ad's and marketing anyway, just ask yourself if you really need what their selling.
Quote by darkstar2466
That company is a fucking disgrace.

b-b-b-but it's fun to be a stalker online and see old childhood friends.
Quote by the spiker
b-b-b-but it's fun to be a stalker online and see old childhood friends.

Not having a facebook is immensely better than having a facebook. Shit has devalued pictures and opinions.

The old childhood friends can suck it lol.

Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by valennic
I'd totally buy stock in Facebook, I seriously doubt they'll go anywhere any time soon and I guarantee they'll be doing something or other to increase their value at some point. That being said, investing in Google + wouldn't be too shabby of an idea either, given its recent popularity.

I still hate both companies with a passion, but money is awesome.

I heard someone say something similar to that about myspace like three years ago.
Dickless.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
I heard someone say something similar to that about myspace like three years ago.

Yeah but myspace was fundamentally flawed from the ground up and had a bunch of issues. Facebook is integrated into every aspect of our lives whether we like it or not.

So I'd say theres a significant difference between the two, regardless of what was said years ago about a now defunct site.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by EMGs_rule
I watched The Social Network yesterday, he's a twat. He's also a genius.

You know Eduardo Saverin was the one who worked with them on the movie right?

Might have been just a little biased.