I'm planning on buying a peavey 6505 (head). I want to know if this amp is right for me. Mostly, I play in the style of alter bridge, Black stone cherry... I will use it at home but also on gigs. My previous amp was a marshall AVT50, will this peavey be allot better?
A 6505 will absolutely destroy an AVT50.

However it may be a little TOO powerful for what you want. That said, Black Stone Cherry use 6505s, or at least they used to. There may be better amps for you that arn't as expensive, but the 6505 is primarily a modern metal amp.
I think the 6505 is basically a 5150 with a different faceplate. When I was choosing a amp I decided to go with the JSX (now the XXX II) because I read that it is extremely versatile, and has a very good clean channel which is holding true so far for me at least. The 6505 destroys it for insanely high gain from what I hear though.
Last edited by zomgguitarz1234 at Feb 1, 2012,
No, you don't need an attenuator for a--

oh wait, it's not that again. Thank god!

A 6505 would defiantly work for modern rock styled stuff, though it's mainly geared towards death metal/metalcore players. Try it out and see if you like it.

Other amps worth checking out are Jet City JCA100h/50h, Carvin V3, and Marshall DSL100 (which go for pretty cheap used).
Quote by Ian_the_fox
No, you don't need an attenuator for a--

oh wait, it's not that again. Thank god!

A 6505 would defiantly work for modern rock styled stuff, though it's mainly geared towards death metal/metalcore players. Try it out and see if you like it.

Other amps worth checking out are Jet City JCA100h/50h, Carvin V3, and Marshall DSL100 (which go for pretty cheap used).

+1 on checking those others out. The 6505 is a great amp, and it has a big sound that is absolutely delicious for chunking out chords. I imagine it would do you nicely, but always check out other options if you can.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
If a 6505 is like the 5150, it should be good for you. But at low volumes it doesnt sound as well. I only use my 5150 for bedroom use and well, I wish I had a smaller amp to use. Great metal sound, especially at high volumes so if you're gigging it will be great.

Edit: JSX is also a good amp as well, a Peavey XXX isnt a bad amp to look at as well. XXXs are a bit difficult to find though.
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Schecter Omen 6
ESP LTD Viper 400
Dean Dime From Hell

Amp
Peavey 5150
Are you in Belgium TS? What cab do you plan to use? What else do you play? What are these gigs like? What is your total budget? I don't know anything about the Belgium market - just asking. Is there a place you can go that has lots of cool used amps or a place that sells Peaveys?
A 5150/6505 would work well
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean