Poll: How is winter affecting you?
Poll Options
View poll results: How is winter affecting you?
I am affected in an overall positive way.
9 28%
I am affected in an overall negative way.
13 41%
I am unaffected by it.
10 31%
Voters: 32.
Page 1 of 5
For those of us living in winter right now. If you're from a warmer climate go fuck yourself.

Anyways, it's currently the coldest week so far during this winter. It's only -10*c or so but you can still feel it. My skin is getting really dry and I need to put lotion on atleast once per day. Worse than the dry skin is probably the lack of sun and life. I miss anything the green plants, sounds and smells.

Pretty sure it's affecting my energy levels as well. I'm constantly tired every winter, and my bed times move further into the night unless I force myself real hard.

On the bright side the winter is made for being cozy inside. It also makes you appreciate spring and summer a lot more.

So let's hear your view of it.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
My nipples could poke out a child's eyes.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

I don't know man... I drove home with my windows open. 70 degrees and nice.

Actually, this is the first year I haven't had to deal with winter - I moved 1000 miles South back in the summer. I get seasonal effect disorder, on top of being a depressed pessimist all the time, so winter really screws with me. Even in a warmer climate now, I still get SED. :/
Well I live in NY, and for some reason this year it's been on a freezing for a few days, warm for a few days schedule all Winter. For example, it was freezing just earlier this week on Sunday, and snowed like crazy. Yesterday and today, it was 48F outside.

That being said, I'm still just as tired, run down, and generally miserable as I usually am in the Winter, haha.
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
I've got sunburn on the beach. It has been getting depressingly cold in the mornings though, sometimes even as low as the high 50s F! And I can't leave my window open all night or I need more than two blankets, and its always too far away from me so it just sucks.
It's been warm here for a few weeks, then suddenly today it dropped to -5C out of nowhere.
I always have a cold though, so I don't feel any different for it. Just wish it would stop ****ing raining.
Silly Swedes. In Alberta a few weeks ago we had -35 for a week. It was -50 for a few days with the windchill.

Edit:
Quote by Zoot Allures
inb4 inevitable canadians.

Ah shit, you know us too well.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Last edited by chaos13 at Feb 1, 2012,
It's cold. It's dreary. It's bleak.

I have discoid meniscus, and for some reason it always gives me trouble when it's cold.

Being a student, I can never afford to have the heating on. Our house is arctic. You can see your breath in every room of the house almost all the time. Mornings are the worst, especially at 8am and you've just got out of the shower.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
It's basically been like spring all winter, somewhere between 40-60 degrees all month.

Mid US
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by BeefWellington
Being a student, I can never afford to have the heating on. Our house is arctic. You can see your breath in every room of the house almost all the time. Mornings are the worst, especially at 8am and you've just got out of the shower.

Holy shit...

Quote by BeefWellington
It's cold. It's dreary. It's bleak.

It's 0 out and there is 10cm of snow! Apocalypse!
I don't think it's dipped below 30˚F all winter. Maybe at night once or twice.

Usually we're cold as shit, but not this year
We've barely had a winter this year, it's been more like autumn for months. A little colder this week but only down to about -1/-2*c. I seem to be the only one around here who wants it to be colder and wants it to snow. Properly snow. I quite like it .

The only thing I don't like though is having to spend 20 minutes deicing the car inside and out in the morning (or even worse, in the evening when I finish work late and just want to go home)....that's a pain in the arse. That, and the car doesn't warm up properly for about 15-20 minutes; so because I live only 10 minutes drive away from work, i'm always freezing when I get there
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
My nipples are as hard as a diamond in an ice storm
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
It's not been too cold. But my mum thought I had Seasonal Affective Disorder for a couple months. I haven't been too bad now that the days are getting longer though
Well, it was 70* F here yesterday. Today a little cooler. No leaves makes being in the woods more enjoyable, there are no bugs, golf is more fun since I'm not dieing on the course, and my room isn't 2000 degrees. I'd say it's treating me well.

Quote by Thrashtastic15
It's 0 out and there is 10cm of snow! Apocalypse!

I believe you mean 4 inches.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
-2°c | 28°f

And that's warmer than yesterday, I MISS OCTOBER, that was cool, had an Indian Summer where I live, it was bright, sunny, warm, had heatwave last October, that sh*t was cool.
Last edited by treborillusion at Feb 1, 2012,
Mid January-Mid February kicks my ass every year, I have been so out of it lately.

Oh well, price you pay for 18 hour days in the summer I guess
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
It hit -40C a couple weeks ago and lasted up until this past week.

For the most part though, winter just makes me put my car away and switch from a hoodie to a winter jacket when I go out.

As a kid/teen I loved winter as it meant hockey, skating, and sledding. Now, it just means I can't drive my car.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
I refuse to leave my bed on a morning.

Quote by benedicto16
me and my girlfriend/friend having sex everyday so we dont get to cold

lol, that girl with the massive eyebrows and teeth? score.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Trowzaa
I refuse to leave my bed on a morning.

lol, that girl with the massive eyebrows and teeth? score.

that one man, you dont know the tits she has, and the eyebrows, well she cut them a little bit, also nice ass i couldnt refuse
Quote by benedicto16
that one man, you dont know the tits she has, and the eyebrows, well she cut them a little bit, also nice ass i couldnt refuse

Can't argue with that logic
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I wish we had snow here

goes to like 8C at night around here and that's it.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
I like Winter. The rain, the gray tones, the overall darkness of the season...
That said, i FREAKIN' HATE the cold.

Inside my house the fireplace in the living room is lit up everyday, but since it's a big house the temperature on the other rooms is about 15ºC / 60ºF, which is horrible for me.
I have poor blood circulation on my hands and feet, so after a little while sitting on the computer, for example, they feel like blocks of ice.
Especially my feet, even if i'm wearing something like heavy-duty Caterpillar boots.

So, i can deal with the snow, the rain, the fog... I even love them.
But low temperatures? No way, Jose.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
I wish we had snow here

goes to like 8C at night around here and that's it.

you do not wish you had snow, snow is the physical manifestation of the concept of bleak in it's pure crystalline form.

snow is fun for about 5 minutes, after that it's just depressing.

unless you're snowboarding/snowmobiling, that is.

Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Coldest it's been is -9C, so I haven't been affected that much. (Except when the electricity's cut)

It's been raining the past week so it's been pretty warm, but we're expecting snow in the next few days.

Quote by benedicto16
me and my girlfriend/friend having sex everyday so we dont get to cold

Do you mean girlfriend who's also friend, or having sex with your girlfriend and a friend?
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Feb 1, 2012,
I'd rather die from hypothermia rather than dehydration.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
winter is my season summer sucks ass
put it this way you can just put more clothes on if you're cold if you're hot and get naked you end up with a court date some fines and 3 weeks of community service
Page 1 of 5