Poll Options
View poll results: Which one?
Mega fame, poor music
26 23%
Moderate fame, influential music
86 77%
Voters: 112.
Page 1 of 3
Would you rather be mega famous and not make very good music, like JB, or would you rather have moderate fame but make widely respected and influential music, like Jeff Magnum?

The reason I use those two guys as examples are these two videos, which highlight the huge differences between JB's fame and Jeff's fame. So there's no need to come in here and say you don't like NMH.

I'd take the mega fame, by the way.

Magnum is one of the greatest television series ever, and the greatest band ever. Jeff whatchamacallhim is an insult to the name.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
I'd be Bieber and fuck lots of jailbait.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
It's all about the money.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I think I would rather make the music Justin Bieber makes than be that whiney dude, regardless of fame.
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Fact is nobody has ever proven smoking to cause cancer.
Quote by genghisgandhi
MANgum, not Magnum.

Point still stands, Mangum is just silly.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by Axelfox
Neither,they both suck.

Why not someone like Michael Angelo Batio?

lol, good one.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I wouldn't want everyone in the world to instantly recognize me on the street. I'd also want REAL influence. A worthy legacy to leave that would actually inspire others in the future. Not just to be the pop star of the xx's decade.

It's no contest. Moderate fame is better.

Never heard of this Mangum guy, by the way. I'm just talking in general terms here.
Balls.
Last edited by rmr024 at Feb 1, 2012,
Bieber clearly.
Quote by Kensai
Please, I eat gays for breakfast...

Quote by Kensai
I must be even further in the closet then
Quote by Axelfox
Neither,they both suck.

Trolls lose.

I would rather be rich and famous off bad music, then 360 and make some good music, sorta like every band ever only opposite.
Dickless.
Definitely Beiber. His girlfriend is Selena Gomez.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Mega fame then once I'm rich and famous I hire a full time music teacher and become more famous for having songs that everyone can like since it started out with the pre-pubescent girl music then evolved into a respectible musician
I'd make music that I felt like making, and not worry about the money.
I'd never want making and selling music to be my full time job.
I'd either release my music for free on my own, or get with a DIY label.

Soooo... I guess Mangum?
Quote by MetalMilitia212
I would rather be rich and famous off bad music, then 360 and make some good music, sorta like every band ever only opposite Radiohead.

ftfy

OT: I'd rather be like Mike Watt or Fugazi.
Last edited by neidnarb11890 at Feb 1, 2012,
Quote by neidnarb11890

Quote by MetalMilitia212
I would rather be rich and famous off bad music, then 360 and make some good music and keep making bad music, sorta like every band ever only opposite Radiohead.

ftfy

OT: I'd rather be like Fugazi.

ftfy again
Quote by MetalMilitia212
Trolls lose.

I would rather be rich and famous off bad music, then 360 and make some good music, sorta like every band ever only opposite.

Are you kidding me?
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by institutions
ftfy again

Oh yeah, forgot. Thanks.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

Are you kidding me?

Lulz, can't believe I missed that.
Quote by Axelfox
Neither,they both suck.

I'd rather have moderate fame and make good music. You used a terrible example though.
Mangum sounds like a rauchy sexual slang for butthole, a la balloon knot.

I would rather be influential. If you've got moderate income and people who don't want to send death threats to my home every day, then why not live without the intense stardom?
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I would hate my life to be on display. But having 5 fans a day recognizing me would be good.
58-32 NFL Thread Pick Em.
Quote by I.O.T.M
I'd be Bieber and fuck lots of jailbait.

and not even jailbait dude.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7

I'd rather have moderate fame and make good music. You used a terrible example though.

Kirk Hammett?
Quote by genghisgandhi
MANgum, not Magnum.

Quote by genghisgandhi
like Jeff Magnum?

3/10

Quote by Axelfox
Kenny Wayne Shepard?

What about the gangsta rap,where rappers rap about busting a cap in yo ass,bling bling,da hood,hating cops,gangs and such?
Last edited by due 07 at Feb 1, 2012,
Quote by genghisgandhi
I pick the first one.

That was my obligatory hate post whenever you mention anything related to Neutral Milk Hotel or Jeff Mangum.

IIIIIIIIIIIIII LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE YOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUU JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUS CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIST JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSUUUUUUUUUUS CHRIST IIIIIIIIIIIIII LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUU YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS I DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Quote by wizards?
That was my obligatory hate post whenever you mention anything related to Neutral Milk Hotel or Jeff Mangum.

IIIIIIIIIIIIII LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE YOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUU JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUS CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIST JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSUUUUUUUUUUS CHRIST IIIIIIIIIIIIII LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUU YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS I DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

If I could, I'd imitate the repetitive noises that fill Explosions in the Sky's records, but thankfully, man is unable to transmit such nonsense through the written word.
Page 1 of 3