So yeah, I'm getting some inheritance money sometime soon. And my current rig is well, awful for lack of better words. I really need to get a new amp.

Im looking for about 300watts or more. A cab and head, so i can upgrade if i ever feel the need. and its mainly for pop-punk/ post hard-core Second hand is almost a must for me here! Any recommendations are greatly appreciated and if you need to know anything else just ask and i'll get back to you asap! Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Also, i'm not a massive fan of ashdown amps, from my experience they arnt too nice...
Last edited by SamWhiteBASS at Feb 1, 2012,
straight away i'd say check ebay, you can find some brilliant deals on there. i've seen laney and hartke sets going for around £400-£500 but never had the right money at the right time.
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
I'd say - check the classifieds over at BassChat - it's UK based, and they have some great second hand amps for sale.

For instance

Ashdown ABM 500W, 4x10 Combo - £450

or

Ashdown Mag Evo II 300 C115 combo + 210 ext cab £200

or

Ashdown ABM clear out

*EDIT* Just re-read and realised it was not a massive Ashdown fan! Whoops.

So maybe you want some TC Electronic stuff?

TC Electronic BG500-115 Combo brand new condition with Roqsolid cover - £425

Current Gear:

Warwick Thumb BO 4
Musicman "StatusRay" Stingray 4 - Carbon Fibre Neck
Musicman Stingray 5 HH
Sadowsky MV4 Jazz

Markbass LittleMark II
AccuGroove Tri12l
Sansamp VT Bass
Line6 BassPodXT Live

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
Last edited by Killerfridge at Feb 2, 2012,
Haha, yeah im not too big on the ashdowns, i cant describe what it is about them that I dont like. I've just never been to fond of them! And yeah my plan is ebay really, i'm just looking for some advice on whats god to look out for and what brands might work well with my style of playing.

I mean, other than ashdown and orange i dont really know what sounds good and what doesnt. Like I said, i just wanna get some ideas of what would work and what to keep my eye out for
Most of the Pop-Punk guys use Ampeg.

I really like the Ampeg Svt-3Pro, and if you can find a cheap cab, that will be a solid setup.
Ooh, btw, I know someone selling a Trace Elliot 4x10 Combo - you can hear it here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qaSVQ6-_bg&feature=g-upl&context=G221d949AUAAAAAAAAAA

(the guy singing is the one selling it, unsurprisingly I'm the one playing it - he wants around £250 for it)

I know its not really the style of music you play, but it sounds great.
Current Gear:

Warwick Thumb BO 4
Musicman "StatusRay" Stingray 4 - Carbon Fibre Neck
Musicman Stingray 5 HH
Sadowsky MV4 Jazz

Markbass LittleMark II
AccuGroove Tri12l
Sansamp VT Bass
Line6 BassPodXT Live

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
Quote by SamWhiteBASS
Do they come up second hand often? Because its way out of my price range new!

Yeah, I see them used all the time, ebay has tons of them.
Look for a used Gallien-Kruger RB 400 2x10 combo. You can always add another cab. On of my bands our bassiest uses the RB-400II 2x10 and the 1x15 cab with a MM Stingray, it sounds killer.

Matt Freeman (Rancid) even gave him a huge complement on tone when we opened for Sick of it All last yr.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
That trace elliot sounds cool, but I wont be getting the money for a while yet, im just scoping out what to get

How much do the Svt-3pro's go for usually? I cant seem to find one right now

And that GK looks really nice, i might have a look at that. I really do want a separate head and cab just so i can upgrade a little easier if i ever feel the need, but im not completely opposed to combos. And if Matt Freeman complemented on the tone then it must be killer!
I picked a SVT-3Pro for about $475.00 with a case. I see them going for usually anywhere around $475.00 to $550.00 or so.