Im considering changing out the pickups in my ibanez rg2ex1.Im considering changing one of them to a alexi laihohz humbucker/abq set. My question is would it work with one of my current pickups or would I have to buy another emg to use with it since they have the quick connect system.Also how hard is it to change the pickups there really isnt any guitar shops in my area so I would have to change it.
Quote by Lord_Doku
The entire Spider line sounds like a trashcan getting humped by a fire truck while it's in the garbage disposal unit.

Basically...
First off, what is your amp?

And how dare you steal my name.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
My current amp is a Ashdown G60R.
Quote by Lord_Doku
The entire Spider line sounds like a trashcan getting humped by a fire truck while it's in the garbage disposal unit.

Basically...
Switching pickups is going to make basically no difference at all with that amp. Save your money.
--

--
No do it. Trust me, it's super easy to install now. Most times, you dont require a soldering iron and since your guitar is the RG, everything is super compact so no extension wires are needed. Let me know what it sounds like
Quote by alexi66691
No do it. Trust me, it's super easy to install now. Most times, you dont require a soldering iron and since your guitar is the RG, everything is super compact so no extension wires are needed. Let me know what it sounds like

The pickups will not improve his sound at all.

It would be a waste of time and money.

TS: Save your money and get a better amp.
--

--