Hey I have been having problems with my Tele since I bought it on Black Friday. I bought it and a Bigsby and had it installed at Guitar Center. Since then when I play a string or strum a chord there is an ear piercing rattling noise coming from the bridge. I can hear it through the amp especially on a clean setting. Are all bigsbys loud and annoying like this? I have never had a bigsby trem and wouldn't know. It is unbearable to play at the moment.
Attachments:
tele.jpg
Member of the group Morelloism.
I have a Gretsch with a bigsby that does the same damn thing. I have been able to overlook it for the most part over the last year or two, but it still pisses me off..I looked all over and couldn't find the source
Gretsch 5120
Fender Jazzmaster
MIM Fender Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Misc Pedals
^ I have a Fender Hot Rod Deville like yours (mine is 410 though), can you hear the buzz through your amp? If the amp did not pick it up I wouldn't even care.
My buzz must not be as bad as yours because i don't recall it coming through my amp at all. That's not to say it has been the whole time and I never heard it, though. I've been able to tune it out but before I would hear it almost all the time when my volume was down or unplugged. A couple people have even commented on it from across the room. Maybe the noise is coming through your set up because your tele is a solidbody whereas i'm playing a hollowbody?
Gretsch 5120
Fender Jazzmaster
MIM Fender Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Misc Pedals
I have no idea. The name bigsby is so well known for trems that I bought it without researching it. I now regret the tremolo purchase. It's not like I can take it off now and try to resell it because now there would be holes in my tele where they installed it. Ugh this sucks. I'm going to take it back to Guitar Center to see if they can do anything else to it if no one has any ideas on here. They tuned it once and it was okay for a few weeks but then it steadily got worse again.
Well I wish I could be of more help. The best of luck to you, good sir. I can't imagine throwing down money on something as stunning as that tele and have it be so screwed up.
Gretsch 5120
Fender Jazzmaster
MIM Fender Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Misc Pedals
i would just go back to guitar center and tell them about it. if they arent complete morons they should be able to do something haha.
I dunno...I usually find that most guitar centers are filled with complete morons haha
Gretsch 5120
Fender Jazzmaster
MIM Fender Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Misc Pedals
What style of bridge do you have?

Is it a standard TOM or is it a Roller TOM?
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
If the GC installed it, take it back to them and let them sort it out. Otherwise and call to Bigsby may be in order.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77