I have a Schecter Omen 6 Extreme FR with a Liscensed Floyd Rose and I've recently been having problems with the Tremolo socket.

At first I was having problems with the Tremolo Bar not staying in place so I got a new bar and it fixed the problem.

Now, however, the problem is that I can't get the Tremolo Socket to stay tight. It will become loose in a VERY short period of time (Less than 5 minutes) and when it becomes loose it becomes impossible to do some whammy bar stunts, for example fluttering. I've already heard about tightening the screw near the backplate of the guitar and I've tried tightening it but the results are the same.

If anyone can help me out with my problem please leave a message below.
This happened to me as well, the way I fixed it was tightening the screw for that where the springs are on the back of the guitar. This would fix it for a few days and then it would be loose again, but I just kept doing it and eventually it just stayed tight. I was using a Floyd Rose special on an ESP guitar, but it should be pretty much the same thing.
buy a new one, you can get them for like $15 from stewmac.

other than that a quick fix(and a crappy one) is to take a spring from a mechanical pencil, cut it in half, then put it in the socket and tighten the bar down on it.
Quote by rickyj
buy a new one, you can get them for like $15 from stewmac.

other than that a quick fix(and a crappy one) is to take a spring from a mechanical pencil, cut it in half, then put it in the socket and tighten the bar down on it.

Thanks for the suggestion.

The thing is, the socket is new. It came along with the bar that I ordered from that website not to long ago. There is of course the slight possibility that I got a dud but the chances are very unlikely.
i may be misunderstanding here but. you bar keeps coming loose. have you tightened the of socket on the underside the guitar through the trem cavity? is that waht is coming loose? no other factors?

you would if you wanted to be able to fix it with the temporary loctite (remember there are two different tubes, make sure to get the non permanent tube).

tiny dab on that, it should help for a while, or at least until you get a new working piece.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i may be misunderstanding here but. you bar keeps coming loose. have you tightened the of socket on the underside the guitar through the trem cavity? is that waht is coming loose? no other factors?

you would if you wanted to be able to fix it with the temporary loctite (remember there are two different tubes, make sure to get the non permanent tube).

tiny dab on that, it should help for a while, or at least until you get a new working piece.

The bar itself isn't loose. Its just while using the tremolo bar I can sometimes feel the socket moving up and down as a result of the socket being to loose. I have tried tightening the socket on the underside of the guitar and It works for 5 minutes before I can feel it loosening again. Both the bar and the socket were bought new from Stewmac.