How do you put pickup covers on guitars? Can you put a pickup cover on a seymour duncan invader?
Unscrew the mounting ring, place the cover over and then remount the pickup on the guitar.

It will affect your tone - tending to be less bright and a slight drop in output.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Generally wanna solder it to the backing plate of the pickup, but be very careful you dont overheat anything and ruin the potting.
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Generally wanna solder it to the backing plate of the pickup, but be very careful you dont overheat anything and ruin the potting.

Can you put a pickup cover on the invader? it looks kinda weird.
I wouldn't try to put a cover on the invaders. SD decided to use retarded looking poles for it so it might become more of a headache than anything.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Not going to lie. That's hideous.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
I know, the invaders are pretty retarded. Also, nice tuner Stoned, i have the same one. But I do want to keep the chrome thing on my guitar so i'm going to try to do it anyway. Anyone know how?
If you use an 'enclosed' (i.e. no holes for screws/pole pieces) plastic cover, you can have it simply rest on top of the oversized hex poles. It's hard to get an enclosed plastic cover in a chrome-looking finish though, usually they just come in matte black. You can use a metal enclosed cover if you put some non-conductive material around the inside, so none of the metal of the cover is actually touching the pickup (other than the base, where you solder it on.

Also remember if you do put a cover on the Invader you're going to need to wax pot it, since that's such a powerful pickup it could become microphonic rather easily. Not potting it after adding a cover could increase feedback quite severely.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
If you're sticking a metal cover on top too, there is a need. The gap between the top of the poles and the case needs to be filled.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Really doesnt need it. Both rows are adjustable and will be through the pickup cover. If one set was under the case, sure pot it or use tape, but it seems rather unnessisary here.
forgot how much i hate the look of an invader.. + they are just way too noisy imo...
Last edited by Mufassa at Feb 2, 2012,
Quote by Mufassa
forgot how much i hate the look of an invader.. + they are just way too noisy imo...

true, but that's what i'm going for. Invader+Dimebucker hmm, worst combination ever, i'm going to try it anyway. Which reminds me, can I put a pickup cover on a dimebucker?
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
http://www.seymourduncan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=207868

Its most definitely not mine. But I do use the same tuner sometimes.
Pretty straight foreward, measure/ drill holes, remove pickup screws, solder on cover, replace pickup screws with longer screws of same metal type. The thread ^covers it okay.

Ohh I see. all right I'll do that. Can you put a pickup cover on the SD Dimebucker?
Edit: Whoa that's way too much work. I think i'll just get black hardware and see if the pickup will blend in
Last edited by dragonkidkoga at Feb 3, 2012,