Don't have an amp and i've yet to get my first good amp but i've been eyeballing a used Laney AC30 at a local Guitar Center. I've been wanting a half stack but I didn't want to pass this opportunity up since my favorite band uses Laney amps. The one thing I wanted to know is if I would be able to add a cabinet to this particular amp later on?
VC30. Or a Vox?

But you can add a cab to both.

Which model is at GC (assuming you mean the Laney it's 1x12, 2x10 or 2x12)
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
It is a Laney VC30 2/12. Just wanted to have that option since half stacks are louder.
30 watts through the two speakers should be adequate for a gig.

I regularly play my AC30 without a cab at gigs with little problem in achieving the volumes required.
It's tube right? And it does have an effects loop? I would want to be getting alot of tone from pedals and would be using other effects.
All tube and there's a loop. Two channels and if you crank the treble all the way it's pretty damn close to sounding like an AC30TB.

Here's the manual - VC30

Thddought it relevant as you can slave another amp to it and it's got all the tech specs in.
Sorry, forgot to warn that i'm a complete n00b at amplification and this will be my first good/pro amp. But how would using a pedal like a RAT work? What channel would you run it through?
Depends on you guitar and what input you'd use. The low input doesn't drive the preamp as hard and therefore you'd have more headroom. Although that could be negligable if you're using a guitar with active pickups.

As a general rule I'd dial in a reasonable clean, a good gain and then tune the pedal to something acceptable for each channel - that way you instantly have four usable gigging sounds at your feet.

It's a matter of personal taste and preference. If I were you go to the store with your guitar and main pedals and ask to try it out with your own gear to be sure you are getting exactly what you want (I personally like the VC guitars and thought of getting one a few years back - I also have a Laney Cub 8 for home practice and my girlfriend complains about the noise - it's 5watts). Check the price and have cash on you. Don't be afraid to barter. I've bought amps that I knew to be $1000 on the ticket and had $775 in a pocket and $225 in another, made an offer of $750 ("I've got to eat, too) and they agreed to $800 in the end - I had to "go see the bank" to get the rest (I walked around the corner, had a Coke and a cigarette).

Happy hunting.
Well, I'm getting a Fender strat. Probably gonna be a MIM but might go for an American. And I think I would be using something like a RAT for really horrible distorted sounds with delays/reverbs for shoegaze-y types of stuff.
Cool - be sure to try out gear before you buy. Be sure it's the closest thing as possible to what you intend to buy; a Strat for example with a rosewood fretboard, alder body, noiseless pickups, C-profile neck etc...

As for pedals, I'm in Australia and tell stores that I'm A/B'ing stuff so wander around shops trying out what I'm curious in buying before I end up on eBay and save 30%.