Yes
50 40%
No
39 31%
Undecided
37 29%
Voters: 126.
Page 1 of 2
Okay, I'm watching Law & Order SVU and I have a question for the pit. This episode is about a 13 yr old girl that was raped and ended up pregnant, and at one point it shows her legal guardian trying to force her into a car to take her to have an abortion.

Now it's time for my question. Should the guardian have the right to decide the fate of the fetus since they're the one that has to deal with the financial strain of taking care of the baby when it's born(Even if the 13 yr old wants to continue the pregnancy)?

As most of you would expect, I think that the girl has every right to continue the pregnancy since her body belongs to her. Poll up in a moment.

Edit: After a few minutes of thinking a little more about this I have to say that I'm actually undecided about this. On one hand, the girl should have the right to decide whether she wants to have the baby or not, but on the other hand she most likely isn't mentally mature enough to make such a decision.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Last edited by IRISH_PUNK13 at Feb 1, 2012,
Oh crap I accidently picked yes. Just subtract one vote from the yes category. I meant to put no.
Trust me, I'm a Jedi.

Quote by Minkaro
You must control your use of the force, young Trizek.
I'm currently having a massive shit whilst typing this.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by RU Experienced?
Unless the 13 year old is magically and completely independent it's not her choice.

This nikka be true.
WARNING:
The above is most likely sarcasm, so fuck yourself if you're offended.
Quote by shavorules42
Hey look! An intelligent post!
Quote by WCPhils
One time I saw a religious person eating so I don't do that anymore.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Save water. Drink alcohol.
Yes, if the 13 year-old gives birth it will ruin her shape, and she will never be able to find a man willing to marry a girl who gave birth at 13 (or 14) who has no shape. MURRICA, HIPS AND RAPE
you're a stone fox
Idk, she's 13, and most 13 year old girls aren't mature enough to take care of themselves, much less a baby.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Abort All The Things
UG's King Neptune

Quote by AtaBorMan
You're the biggest dick we've had in the Pit for a while.
Quote by SLEESTAK_BRO
Stop talking, you have are the biggest dick the pit has seen in a while.
Guardians trump 13 year old.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I think here in Canada, children aren't allowed to decide these things if they're under the age of 16. even if it's their own baby/body. Even without the legal complications, I believe the parents/guardians should make the decision since the 13 year old isn't mentally mature enough and they can't even support themselves financially.
If she plans on caring for the baby 100% by herself, then she can feel free to keep it. Otherwise, I think it's whoever would be taking care of and paying for the baby who should decide, or at least have a say in it. It's not fair to put a person in the situation where they have to care for another person without any say whatsoever.
As usual, I end up looking at the question in a jaded legalist sense, in part to avoid difficult decisions (I just don't touch abortion in general).

I don't know exactly how true this is, but it's my understand that minors really have no legal standing over their own bodies. They aren't even able to legally consent to sex even if she was totally into it, your honor, I'm mean she told me to put it in and trust me, it felt like she was certainly ready for it, like a slip n'-erm sorry what was I saying?

Oh yeah, legally minors can't control their bodies, so no. They don't have the right.

Yeah, I probably would say they should be able to decide for themselves. I mean, with my twisted logic, you could argue that your parents can legally allow somebody to rape you, and it technically wouldn't be rape even if you, as a minor, clearly don't consent.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by Trowzaa

I love the pit.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
A more important question is why are you watching Law & Order SVU
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Undecided. I seriously cannot decide
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Trowzaa

Holy crap, me too!
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Forcing an abortion on her would be like raping her twice.
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Yes, guardian should decide when it comes to a 13 year old. Way too young, too much responsibility.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Unless the 13 year old is magically and completely independent it's not her choice.

this
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
Undecided. I seriously cannot decide

This. No wait.....*thinks hard*....I haz a solution. Don't abort the baby, let it be born and then put into care until the girl is old enough to take care of it.....and punch the douche who raped her in the face.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Quote by Zoot Allures
Interesting how everyone is so black and white about abortion on here. There are some 20 year olds who are unable to take care of themselves 'let alone a baby' too you know.

what are you implying?
Quote by Ulalume
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
The guardian does have the right (unless she's an emancipated minor) but whether it's morally correct or not is a very complicated thing.
Quote by Trowzaa

I was squeezing one out when I read this
Depends how mature the 13 year old is. If she is mentally mature enough and prepared to understand the seriousness/consequences of the situation, then she should have a say in this. Just sayin'.
Quote by PsiGuy60
Banned for respecting my opinion and politely disagreeing.
You're probably the most respectful person in the Pit.
Yes, the guardian has that right.

Why? Because she's still a child and, you can be as liberal as you want, it's the parent / guardian's role to look out and protect that child; she is not mature enough to make this decision herself.

EDIT: I remember a few years ago, when my sister was around 13 years old, and really wanted a new pet.

She was told no.
Last edited by fender_696 at Feb 2, 2012,
Okay, some stuff to add. What about the psychological effects that the abortion will have on this girl? Is it fair to put her through that after she was raped and (obviously) developed feelings for the fetus? Morally speaking, wouldn't that be worse for the girl emotionally than having to live with the consequences?
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
No.

of course, the amount of trauma etc is all subjective but as far as being responsible for the baby and physically being able to go through pregnancy without health problems at that age, I don't think she'd be able to handle it
cat
She should have a right to make important decisions such as this without interference. I view the state as being heinous for giving others the ability to overrule someone's wishes about their own body with something such as abortion.

I don't care about all your other crap there, Punk!
Page 1 of 2