i was driving to my radio show earlier this evening when my car died. it didn't just quit, it would switch on and off as i was coasting because the main power lead from the fusebox had disconnected from the battery but would keep tapping it. i pulled over, reattached the wire, made sure the connector was snug and got full power back to the car. all the other electronics work, lights, charger, etc. but the stereo won't turn on at all now. is there a fuse in the fusebox that controls the stereo power that might have blown with the rapid on/off of the power lead tapping the battery or is the stereo fried?

*it's an aftermarket stereo, put in by the previous owner

** i know little about wiring and dick about cars so if there's something obvious i'm missing feel free to shout it out
There's probably a fuse in the fuse box that covers the power supply for it but there's also a fuse on the back of aftermarket ones, I'd try the fuse box one first.
Quote by Twidler
There's probably a fuse in the fuse box that covers the power supply for it but there's also a fuse on the back of aftermarket ones, I'd try the fuse box one first.

This. You'll have blown the fuse.
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone