Page 1 of 2
Hello the Pit, today I was sitting infront of a person I hate in class (the person is an arrogant ignorant asshat). I overheard his conversation with his douchebag friend, they were talking about music, so I was like 'Oh you probably listen to gay bands like nickelback or brokencdye' but then I heard the guy mention the words "Dream Theater", and instantly I went numb.
Dream Theater is the band that helped me through my toughest times in my life, the song "Another Day" kept me from comitting suicide. 'The Spirit Carries On" helped me get over a loss of a close relative. The 12 step suite helped a friend kick his drug and alcohol addiction.
I heard him say "I listend to "The Dark Eternal Night- that song kicks ass, i like how the riff goes dun dun dun.. dunanananuna...., and I can't remember how the rest of the song goes, i cant be bothered listening"
At this point I was like
But he carried on saying, "Oh yeah I'm downloading their whole discography from the pirate bay at the moment; I'm like their biggest fan."
Now I was f--king furious. This person is downloading Dream Theater's whole library of work without a single bit of respect for the band. I worked my ass off to buy Dream Theater's CDs, I haven't even heard a "Dramatic Turn of Events" yet because my parents have been made unemployed, and money is tight, but I don't want to disrespect the band I owe so much by downloading their album for free.

Now I can't listen to a single Dream Theater song to cheer myself up because i keep thinking about that f--kwit's face, because he's also listening to Dream theater, and that just spoils everything.

tl; dr: A guy I hate so much has discovered and started to listen to the band that means so much to me and my life, and I can't listen to them anymore because I keep remembering the ****** who thinks he's their "No.1 Fan" just because he likes one riff from one of their songs.

What do I do Pit? Am i being selfish and butthurt? Has this ever happened to you?
What do douchebags all have in common?

They all listen to Dream Theater.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I love you Xaoxi

EDIT: OT:

Quote by DrunkRedneck

What do I do Pit?

Over react.
Am i being selfish and butthurt?

No, of course not
Has this ever happened to you?

Yeah, I heard someone say they listened to John Frusciante before and I like totally listened to JF before they did but they didn't immediately realize this and start worshipping me for having listened to JF before them and omigosh FMLFMLFMLFMLFLMFLMFLFM hated them so much I slept with their boyfriend to get back at them and slitwristslitwrist FML gonna go listen to linking park
Last edited by devourke at Feb 2, 2012,
Quote by DrunkRedneck
Am i being selfish and butthurt?

Yes. They can listen to whoever the hell they want and it's incredibly childish that you are not listening to it just because you found out they do.

EDIT: And the bit about downloading: many people download these days, he's not the only one who acquired Dream Theater illegitimately. I download most music and I only ever buy CD's of very special bands who I think need the support.
West Ham United
Last edited by King Donkey at Feb 2, 2012,
Quote by Xiaoxi
What do douchebags all have in common?

They all listen to Dream Theater.

God yes. Dream Theater blows.

What the fuck makes you so special, TS?
> the Pit
> help

Good luck hombre

Serious note: stop being butthurt about it really . There are lots of people I can't stand who like the same artists as me. But IDGAF really. At best I get to smash their arses in the mosh :p
Quote by Represent
ITT: Immature twats
Quote by devourke
I love you Xaoxi

Then spell my name right!!

Also, you can take this however you want, but I'm serious when I say that I've never met anyone in person who liked Dream Theater and wasn't a total sleeze, and that's before they've revealed they like DT. The last DT guy I met I almost walked away in the middle of talking because he was sssssuuuuuucchh a sleeze, my god. It was painful.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Feb 2, 2012,
TS supports SOPA
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
your parents are unemployed and you're blowing money on Dream Theater records?
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Yep you sound butthurt.

Oh by the way welcome to UG. You will find no help here.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
Quote by jetfuel495
*snaps finger*

Came here to say that.

TS, become cooler than him and start listening to skramz.

NNOOOOOOO BECAUSE I LISTEN TO SKRAMZ AND BEAU NAVIRE KEPT ME FROM CRYING MYSELF TO SLEEP AND I CRIED ONCE TO CIRCLE TAKES THE SQUARE AND IF TS STARTS LISTENING TO THOSE BANDS I WON'T ENJOY THEM BECAUSE I'M STUPID
Sounds like TS is the arrogant ignorant asshat.

Just calling it like I see it.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by blake1221
NNOOOOOOO BECAUSE I LISTEN TO SKRAMZ AND BEAU NAVIRE KEPT ME FROM CRYING MYSELF TO SLEEP AND I CRIED ONCE TO CIRCLE TAKES THE SQUARE AND IF TS STARTS LISTENING TO THOSE BANDS I WON'T ENJOY THEM BECAUSE I'M STUPID
That's how I felt when all the white suburban kids started listening to rap 8 years ago.
Im not listening to Dream Theater just because I think its 'cool' and its super complicated and everything. I listen to it because it means my life to me. If you missed it:
-It stopped my committing suicide
-Helped me deal with the deaths of close relatives
-Helped stop a guy killing himself and his family with drugs and alcohol

And yes i agree, some DT fans are fat ugly nerds who jerk off to Petrucci, but i can assure you, i am not one of them. Edit: I am a girl...

And no im not spending my money on Cds when my parents are unemlopyed, that was BEFORE, when they had JOBS.
Last edited by DrunkRedneck at Feb 2, 2012,
Quote by DrunkRedneck
Im not listening to Dream Theater just because I think its 'cool' and its super complicated and everything. I listen to it because it means my life to me. If you missed it:
-It stopped my committing suicide
-Helped me deal with the deaths of close relatives
-Helped stop a guy killing himself and his family with drugs and alcohol
Yet you still have some sort of God complex in which those below you may not listen to Dream Theater? Come on, seriously...

Look, it's not rocket science. DT is a widely known rock band that many people around the globe listens to. You don't get to pick who those people are.

And no im not spending my money on Cds when my parents are unemlopyed, that was BEFORE, when they had JOBS.

So you drove your family into poverty with DT records? Nice.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Nice troll account and post. 8/10

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
People take different things out of music. People use the "I'm their biggest fan" all the time so chill out yo.

Just be glad they are listening to music with some substance, you should be encouraging it.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Quote by Nameless742
People take different things out of music. People use the "I'm their biggest fan" all the time so chill out yo.

Just be glad they are listening to music with some substance, you should be encouraging it.

yeah TS, maybe this douche bag is beginning to see the light.
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Quote by DrunkRedneck
Hello the Pit, today I was sitting infront of a person I hate in class (the person is an arrogant ignorant asshat). I overheard his conversation with his douchebag friend, they were talking about music, so I was like 'Oh you probably listen to gay bands like nickelback or brokencdye' but then I heard the guy mention the words "Dream Theater", and instantly I went numb.
Dream Theater is the band that helped me through my toughest times in my life, the song "Another Day" kept me from comitting suicide. 'The Spirit Carries On" helped me get over a loss of a close relative. The 12 step suite helped a friend kick his drug and alcohol addiction.
I heard him say "I listend to "The Dark Eternal Night- that song kicks ass, i like how the riff goes dun dun dun.. dunanananuna...., and I can't remember how the rest of the song goes, i cant be bothered listening"
At this point I was like
But he carried on saying, "Oh yeah I'm downloading their whole discography from the pirate bay at the moment; I'm like their biggest fan."
Now I was f--king furious. This person is downloading Dream Theater's whole library of work without a single bit of respect for the band. I worked my ass off to buy Dream Theater's CDs, I haven't even heard a "Dramatic Turn of Events" yet because my parents have been made unemployed, and money is tight, but I don't want to disrespect the band I owe so much by downloading their album for free.

Now I can't listen to a single Dream Theater song to cheer myself up because i keep thinking about that f--kwit's face, because he's also listening to Dream theater, and that just spoils everything.

tl; dr: A guy I hate so much has discovered and started to listen to the band that means so much to me and my life, and I can't listen to them anymore because I keep remembering the ****** who thinks he's their "No.1 Fan" just because he likes one riff from one of their songs.

What do I do Pit? Am i being selfish and butthurt? Has this ever happened to you?

Nickelback is not gay.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
lol

I've had something similar happen to me before.

My older brother introduced me to metal. What I found funny is that occasionally he would show me "so-and-so" band and I may/may not have said to myself "Ohh, thats something I could see myself listening to." If I happened to like it, he would start dissing it and stop listening to it in a really obvious way. You know what I did about it? I just kept listening to whatever the hell I wanted to listen to regardless of what his insecure ass did.

Actually, if I really wanted to I could just pretend to get really into his favourite bands just to f**k with him and have a good laugh at how he dealt with that; it would be pretty funny I think.
Quote by Jesus
Gaza Strip- home. At least it was before I fucked ereythang up...
Quote by blake1221
Aww you're so cute when you're wrong!

But they rite songz about sexc chikz an doin drugz nd roknrollll! N sumtimez they evn us the drope D tunin!
"People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis; you can't trust people."
Im sure douchebags listen to between the buried and me, in fact, the audience that attended the concert i went to didnt seem like my kind of friends, yet i still jerk off to them all day erryday.

You are making a really ridiculous statement. Im sure there are bigger beatles fans than me...maybe...at least was back in the day, maybe not anymore. Well there could be...im not sure.

I know for sure theres not a bigger john froosh fan lol

....seriously..theres not
Geez you're possessive, TS
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
Quote by stealstrings
I though douchebags listened to BFMV and A7X.

I'm pretty sure douchebags listen to BFMV, A7X, Between the Buried and Me, Nickelback, Brokencyde, AND Dream Theater.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
Im sure douchebags listen to between the buried and me

****ing sigged.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Quote by stealstrings
I though douchebags listened to BFMV

I listen to BFMV sometimes, when I need my fix of corny metal targeted at 15yr old girls.
Quote by snipelfritz
I'm pretty sure douchebags listen to BFMV, A7X, Between the Buried and Me, Nickelback, Brokencyde, AND Dream Theater.

What is Brokencyde anyway?... Hang on, I'm googling them....errr...what the hell is crunkcore?

Quote by Dory77
I listen to BFMV sometimes, when I need my fix of corny metal targeted at 15yr old girls.

I used to listen to BFMV, I still listen to Nickelback and Dream Theater. >_>
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Last edited by stealstrings at Feb 2, 2012,
Quote by Dory77
But they rite songz about sexc chikz an doin drugz nd roknrollll! N sumtimez they evn us the drope D tunin!

I have no idea why, but I read that in Skwisgaar Skwigelf's voice. It made that post so much better
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
Quote by kaosxrocker
I have no idea why, but I read that in Skwisgaar Skwigelf's voice. It made that post so much better

when I wrote it I was reading it in Toki's voice.
That's the point where you tell them to shut the fuck up and give them a real metal bands CD, like something by Gojira

Quote by Dory77
when I wrote it I was reading it in Toki's voice.

╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Last edited by bastards at Feb 2, 2012,
Quote by stealstrings
What is Brokencyde anyway?... Hang on, I'm googling them....errr...what the hell is crunkcore?

I actually have no idea. They were lumped in with Nickelback and have an incredibly lame name, so I just kind of assumed they suck.

And there's nothing wrong with listening to music that appeals to 15 year old girls...assuming you're with 15 year old girls.
Page 1 of 2