I just picked up a Bud-Wah at a local guitar shop in Seoul, South Korea. It was cheap (120,000 won, which is great if it's the real deal), but I'm concerned about its authenticity.

The red flags are that the pedal itself is blue and the back of the pedal reads "manufactured for Budda Amplification" in San Rafael, California; the website says they're working out of Mississippi. The guts look fine, though. No messy soldering is apparent. The interior of the case is blue, too, with some bare metal showing at the edges.

I know the company was bought by Peavey, and things have probably changed since '95. Do I have a genuine article, or is this a decently-made (if color-confused) dupe? Thanks for any help you can give.
Attachments:
Bud-Wah1a.jpg
Bud-Wah2a.jpg
Bud-Wah3a.jpg
Bud-Wah4a.jpg
I am a fake mountain.
Last edited by DanTheHobbit at Feb 2, 2012,
Enclosures and colors can change over time depending on availability of materials and what not. Just like the company can move....although it is more likely that the pedal was manufactured in CA even though the company is based out of MS.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
True. It does say "Manufactured for: Budda Amplification," then a California address.
I am a fake mountain.
They essentially outsourced their work to a factory is CA it seems...designed by Buddah, manufactured by the CA address.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Thanks. I just added some pictures. That should help. I'm still waiting to hear back from their site. I either got a good deal or got screwed by my own stupidity.
I am a fake mountain.
Looks legit to me.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
As a final update (be kind, mods), the company says it's a '99 version of the wah. That makes it an early draft of the current pedal. This was before the company decided to embrace the Prince color scheme. I only wish I had more documentation. Ah well. Thanks for the help.
I am a fake mountain.