ok, well i'm in the market for another amp, because i had to sell my old fender to fund school books. the budget is max 350, i like to play quite a bit of post rock stuff, blues rock.

the bands i really like would probably be anberlin and paramore.

i was told to go buy a used bugera v22, does this seem smart to you?

edit: i forgot to mention. i found a epiphone custom blues 30 on my local clist for 350, is that worth it?
Last edited by Ashe_Mc at Feb 2, 2012,
look for a used Peavey Valveking. the clean channel is a good copy of a fender amp and the dirt channel will give you plenty of rock sounds. the Bugera isn't bad but personally i like the VK better.
k, i'll look at that. i'm tempted to go ahead and grab the bugera though, i've found one for 280, which is well under budget for me.
Bugera has some issues with reliability. Shoddy wiring, and some pretty low quality components. They sound good for the price, but it's not worth the trouble and danger.

Of course, I've never owned one, so I wouldn't know firsthand, but I hear about that happening a lot.
Quote by TextOnTheScreen
Bugera has some issues with reliability. Shoddy wiring, and some pretty low quality components. They sound good for the price, but it's not worth the trouble and danger.

Of course, I've never owned one, so I wouldn't know firsthand, but I hear about that happening a lot.

i see what your saying now. the person i emailed replied back saying it was factory refurbished because the solder contact for the mid pot was simply missing.
I own a Bugera amp I bought new. I like it, but I would never buy a used Bugera of any type.
Look for a used Peavey VTM 60 combo (JCM 800 clone usualy <$200), Fender Blues Jr, Peavey Classic 30/50 combo, Jet City JCA 2112rc
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by vayne92
Buy a mesa full stack

Obviously

The V22 sounds like a good bet.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Last edited by LaidBack at Feb 2, 2012,
you might be able to get a brand new Peavey Windsor head for around $200. They aren't built like a tank, and are a single channel, the cleans aren't pristine - just enough grit for the kind of stuff you play IMHO
In all seriousness, i'd get a roland microcube. Yeah that's right i said it. Microcube 4eva
so i found both another v22 and valve king on craigslist, so i'll go try both out and see which one i like.