Poll: Which is your strongest hand?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which is your strongest hand?
Fretting hand
50 35%
Picking hand
45 32%
Fapping hand
46 33%
Voters: 141.
Page 1 of 2
So, do you think you have a better picking or fretting hand?

I'd personally go with picking hand: I can play super fast tremolo picking, gallops, metal riffs, chugga chugga, etc, but my fretting hand is not that good.
I voted fapping hand just because, but I'm really sure. I have very poor grip strength in both hands though.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I'm a lefty who plays righty. I'm alright at fretting, but my picking is straight up beginner level.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Is your super ultra fast tremolo picking in time? Or is that your wanking hand?
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
You know how bartenders do tricks with bottles while they're pouring? I do that when I'm jerking off. I'll let my cock go mid-stroke with my right hand and grab it again with my left before the skin unfurls.

Then I get so caught up in my own glory that I cum while fantasizing about myself. That eventually follows with floods of shame and frustration.

edit: and obviously semen.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
The wrist of my picking hand is strong as balls, but the fingers are weak (I don't fingerpick enough. ), and it's the opposite with my fretting hand.
Fretting hand, because I'm left handed. It is the same as the hand to which the third poll option refers.

If you didn't figure it out already, I'm a lefty.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Last edited by sfaune92 at Feb 2, 2012,
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
My picking hand brings shame to my body and music. It should be killed! Killed I tell you!

It sounds like that will accomplish a lot. And I don't think either of mine is stronger, as I always feel more stress on my fretting, but can't exactly have one moving faster and more accurately than the other too much. Although I can technically pick faster, I don't because it doesn't have as much oomph or gets messy.

Shit, the poll's near even.
fretting hand, because I'm a lefty playing right-handed.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
My left hand. I'm right handed and write with my right hand, but my left, because of years of guitar playing, is both strong and agile.
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
Even know I'm right handed, strangely enough my left fretting hand is stronger. My right hand picking technique needs work now that I've stopped anchoring.
Trust me, I'm a Jedi.

Quote by Minkaro
You must control your use of the force, young Trizek.
Picking hand. I've never really had a problem with picking patterns. The only struggle I've ever had was with the picking pattern in Meshuggah's Bleed.
Now my fretting hand is complete shit. With bass, I'm perfectly fine (I don't pick with bass, I play with my fingers so my answer for the above is in regards to guitar), but with guitar, since I'm primarily a bass player, I just can't stop fretting so heavy handedly.
Fretting hand, for sure.

Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Picking hand. I've never really had a problem with picking patterns. The only struggle I've ever had was with the picking pattern in Meshuggah's Bleed.

*is jealous*

I suck at galloping and fast picking patterns so much.
My right arm is stronger than my left arm, but the fingers on my left hand are stronger than those on my right.

so idk
cat
My left picking hand is stronger, all though I'm right handed. I shattered my right wrist a few months back when I jumped off a swing at full throttle. That ended VERY badly... Had my right arm in a cast for a good two months, and it weakened beyond belief. My attempts at flying stopped after that as well.
Quote by PsiGuy60
Banned for respecting my opinion and politely disagreeing.
You're probably the most respectful person in the Pit.
Well, now that I get the context.... it's still my right hand/picking hand. I've done a lot of tremelo work/practice and pretty much will play a guitar whether or not I have a pick, and after 4 or so years of doing that I've developed a pretty good finger picking ability.

In fact, my picking is the only thing I've really worked to practice because it's so straightforward to work on. I have decent technique with my fretting hand, but it seems so tedious and too nuanced for me to want to sit down and practice the correct finger angle for everything.
Apples and pears...
Quote by LinkManDX
That's it, everybody go home, thread won by [sam].
didn't read OP, picked fretting hand.

I thought this was about arm wrestling, so I chose this because my left hand is incredibly strong. Didn't know this until someone challenged me to do a lefthanded match...

ANYWAYS, both hands are kinda similar, I can fret fast, I can pick fast but doing both at the same time...
Quote by Ulalume
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
My picking/plucking hand.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
My right hand is stronger, but my left is more articulate.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
My hands are about equal. The fretting hand is a wee bit slower than my right hand. When I alternate pick, I tend to hit too many notes. My hand just spazzes out and goes crazy fast. I can do legato like a boss, but alternate picking is my weakness. Inside picking really **cks me up.
Gear:
PRS Tremonti
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper 1000
Fender Telecaster
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Goth SG
Randall RD200
Line 6 Spider IV 150
I voted the joke option because both my hands suck and are out of sync with one another
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Fretting hand definitely, I cannot pick properly fast to save my life even after 5 years of playing
Up The Boro!
I'm really good with picking, usually my left hand can't keep up.

As for option 3, switch hitter here.
Idk what you mean by strength. Playing wise both. Physically left
Quote by CPDmusic
I'm content with being a horny mutant lizard.
Picking hand. Learning classical guitar also helped me learned more picking techniques as well.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

I really don't know. I'm slightly ambidextrous. My fingers are stronger on my left hand, but my right wrist is stronger.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Quote by lushacrous
I'm a lefty who plays righty.

I think you are one among many on this forum. I believe that, in a recent poll, 30 % of voters identified themself as lefties who play righty.

Myself included, of course.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Last edited by sfaune92 at Feb 2, 2012,
Page 1 of 2