Last edited by vayne92 at Feb 2, 2012,
Yeah getting an attenuators a good idea if you want to throw your money around stupidly on an amp based on preamp gain and wear out your tubes at bedroom levels.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Yeah getting an attenuators a good idea if you want to throw your money around stupidly on an amp based on preamp gain and wear out your tubes at bedroom levels.

inb4

"I alwaeez uze an a10u8r! It maex soundz betturz! I dont care wut peoplez sayz! I thinkz it soundz betturz! Im not crazee!!" .
Last edited by Ian_the_fox at Feb 2, 2012,
In before 'your neighbors will stab you if they see you carrying an amp into your house.'
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
In before 'your neighbors will stab you if they see you carrying an amp into your house.'

Even better i live in a duplex
Quote by tubetime86
If I were his neighbor, I certainly would. And steal the Mesa.
Even for bedroom use: get this amp, it's a killer! Buy some insulation foam in the worst case. =D
Quote by vayne92
Even better i live in a duplex

You'll be alright. I was just joking because that seems to be the mentality in here sometimes. You'll love the amp, and though you may not be able to crank it as much as you'd like you'll still be benefitting from the quality of the amp.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
You'll be alright. I was just joking because that seems to be the mentality in here sometimes. You'll love the amp, and though you may not be able to crank it as much as you'd like you'll still be benefitting from the quality of the amp.

Nah, there's one guy that thinks everyone in the world will shit their pants and call the cops if they so much as see a head.
Keep in mind that the mark III has a master volume that goes from quiet to slightly less quiet to "holy shit, that's to load" all within 2 milimeters. I've used my mark III at bedroom levels but the gain tends to get a slight fizzy top end when you run the amp with the master almost closed.

The mark III is an absolute monster, never had the master past 3.5
gear
-Giablo JTM45
-Hook 2X12
-fender hw1 strat
-Fender AVRI 62 strat
I can play my mark IV at bedroom volumes... I never WANT to play it that low though.

EDIT: And yes, the volume control is VERY touchy at extreme low settings, but if you tweak it just right it'll get you there.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Last edited by jpatan at Feb 2, 2012,
Quote by phoenix_crush
Nah, there's one guy that thinks everyone in the world will shit their pants and call the cops if they so much as see a head.

I was being nice. Also if you read this and other threads lately it seems that person has completely changed their stance 180 degrees... Now apparently amps have volume knobs. I guess they didn't a month ago.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Hurry up and buy it!

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
on a mesa boogie, there is never to much power. just put it on full volume and see what happens. no cops = stays at highest volume.
Quote by tubetime86
Now apparently amps have volume knobs. I guess they didn't a month ago.
They always did. My points were that a good bit* of neighbors don't understand that they do have volume knobs.

*My stance has however, changed here. Apartment situations do vary; not everyone has paper-thin walls and mentally insane neighbors. But they do still exist.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
They always did. My points were that a good bit* of neighbors don't understand that they do have volume knobs.

*My stance has however, changed here. Apartment situations do vary; not everyone has paper-thin walls and mentally insane neighbors. But they do still exist.

Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Nice amp, also for bedroom but that price is INSANE!
Mesa/Boogie Road King v1
Marshall JMP 2203 '78
Vox AC30 H2 Heritage HW
Fender Deluxe Reverb '65 RI
Gibson Les Paul Custom '57 Historic RI '05
Fender American Vintage '52 RI Telecaster '02
Fender American Vintage '62 RI Stratocaster '07
Quote by RMB
Nice amp, also for bedroom but that price is INSANE!

Australia.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
Australia.

What he said. I'd easily spend 4grand for that in a shop here.
Quote by jpatan
I can play my mark IV at bedroom volumes... I never WANT to play it that low though.

EDIT: And yes, the volume control is VERY touchy at extreme low settings, but if you tweak it just right it'll get you there.

Same here. Getting good low volume is often an intricate dance between the gain, drive, preamp volume, and master volume settings.
Hi, I'm Peter