http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruh6A7oYbGE

Got that kinda track going on for the FAWM this year. It's pretty demo-quality and the vox are in some parts a little off, but I'm not too unsatisfied.

LYRICS:
What will you say as a gaze through your lies
Vacuous prime time

Deities provoking our land
Awaking the urge in our heads
Turning our parcels in sconces
And heating resentment for our kings
Breeding our sense of need

Place of interminable grace
As high the thuribles wave
Lights masquerading as saviors
Lavishly guiding us to our grave

Learning our way as thieves
Learning to turn the other way

Find our quiescence destroyed
And then there is no other way
We stand up on the foliate foundation
And claim our subsidies in blood

And so we are

Building up faith beyond them
Learning how high can they go

Building up faith beyond them
Learning how high we can go
Last edited by January85 at Feb 3, 2012,
-That intro was interesting. I'm getting a 70's prog rock feel from this. Your tone screams Yes (who I'm getting into a lot lately). I like the synths in the background - they really fill out the sound.
-At around 0:40, your tone gets a little fizzy. Maybe cut the gain there a little?
-That clean break is intense. The panning on the drums is bothersome, but the cleans and that voice is awesome. It reminds me of James LaBrie if James LaBrie didn't try to sing like a eunuch.
-I like your lyrics. They work fantastically for the vocal line and the tone of the song.
-The bit at 4:43 was intense as hell. That solo was amazing, too. You managed to put together some really crazy and technical bits without drowning yourself in gain, which is most people on here don't seem to understand.

I am insanely impressed. 9/10 for the few tonal flaws and flubs I managed to find. I'd pay money for this song. Hell, I'd pay to see this played live. High fukken five.

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1515855
Thanks a lot for the kind words.
I adjusted the vocals a bit for the video. Can't even believe I let those few notes pass. Probably just didn't listen.

That "Yes" tone is just freeware JCM900 plug-in in B channel. I kicked in some OD pedal in those parts that needed a little beef but that pretty much messed up the sound. :/ It's ok, I guess.