Title says it all. I just need to know cause I can't find anything wrong with it unlike the vast majority of internet guitar folks. For the price, its definitely bang for the buck if you're into heavy metal: Lots of gain, has great cleans, and pedal friendly unlike the spiders. And people, could we please be sensible with our answers?
Thank you.
It is a cheap and for the same price or a little more you can get a better amp.

Now that doesnt mean it is a terrible amp, just that you can do better for a similar price. The Cabs are very bad though and there is no denying that.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Toneblaster. Its name says it all.

There are alternative amplifiers that are better.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Quote by lemurflames
Toneblaster. Its name says it all.

There are alternative amplifiers that are better.

What would you suggest? Keeping in mind that the fight here is with both tone and ferocity of gain.
Quote by Robbgnarly
It is a cheap and for the same price or a little more you can get a better amp.

Now that doesnt mean it is a terrible amp, just that you can do better for a similar price. The Cabs are very bad though and there is no denying that.

Thanks! If you could name a few that would be great! I just can't seem to find amps in that price range that can give the same brutal distortion and have better tones. I've never really been particular in differentiating SS and tubes; They both have their strengths and down points (Well, the tubes in that price range at least. )
theres a bloke on youtube who does a load of great 80's metal covers with a tbx head, sounds pretty damn good if you ask me
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Quote by tfpoec2
Thanks! If you could name a few that would be great! I just can't seem to find amps in that price range that can give the same brutal distortion and have better tones. I've never really been particular in differentiating SS and tubes; They both have their strengths and down points (Well, the tubes in that price range at least. )

Wow $250 new That is kinda hard,I thought they were $350.
Jet City JCA20h $250+ Bad Monkey OD $50 is about the best I can find
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by coolstoryangus
Its an oversized practice amp that blasts out shit tone.

+1
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
For the same price, you could get an Ampeg VH140c and sound way more brutal with even better cleans.

Or you could save your money and get a used Peavey Ultra, 6505, 5150, XXX, JCA50, etc.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I have a question. What is the point of these threads? If the beef against an amp is "It sounds bad", and you think it sounds good, is someone really going to be able to explain to you over the internet that it sounds bad, and you are wrong? It someone really going to say some magical sentence and make you say "Oh, you're right! I understand why everyone hates them all, my bad!"?
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
It's no Engl but it's certainly not as bad as people make it out to be, as it's true analog SS circuitry, not digital bullshit. With a really good cab it can actually sound decent:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXICjkabyXE

That guy also has a recording of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_jDB7O5oZA

It can also sound good with an insane player behind it (though this one is an older TBX, which sound better than the new ones):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q38slG5e_So&feature=related

Of course, if you can get your hands on an Ampeg VH140c then you might as well forget the TBX. But I seriously don't understand how people can possibly say that the TBX sounds worse than an MG. Really, nothing drives me up the fucking wall like the sound of a 13 year old with his MG trying to play G'nR with that horrid, buzzy, fake, scratchy and weak tone that almost makes every note sound out of tune. The MG just has that... sound. Same with the Spider. Look up any guitar cover of any song on Youtube done by a teenage guitarist using one and you'll see what I mean.
Quote by souperman08
I have a question. What is the point of these threads? If the beef against an amp is "It sounds bad", and you think it sounds good, is someone really going to be able to explain to you over the internet that it sounds bad, and you are wrong? It someone really going to say some magical sentence and make you say "Oh, you're right! I understand why everyone hates them all, my bad!"?

Well, my reason was to hear from a perspective different from my own. After taking into account what other people say, I might realize something I haven't really thought of before after they share their insight and their suggestions as to what may be better by comparison.
Quote by tfpoec2
Title says it all. I just need to know cause I can't find anything wrong with it unlike the vast majority of internet guitar folks. For the price, its definitely bang for the buck if you're into heavy metal: Lots of gain, has great cleans, and pedal friendly unlike the spiders. And people, could we please be sensible with our answers?
Thank you.
I don't really consider the TBX amps to be great clean or pedal friendly, but that's just me.
The answer to the first post's question can be answered with one word - ears. That's why people don't like the TBX; they have ears. I suggest that you get yours checked by a physician.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by al112987
I don't really consider the TBX amps to be great clean or pedal friendly, but that's just me.

yep, when i see "great clean" and "pedal friendly" used to describe an amp i think of the vox AC30, fender twin reverb, etc..

the TBX is unpopular because a lot of people don't like it. simple as that.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.